Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series - Season Premiere Available Now

Alt text

The Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series season premiere, Iron from Ice, is now available on PC, PS4 (North America AND Europe), Xbox One, Xbox 360, and iOS! More platforms are to follow soon - PS3 next week (12/9 for North America, 12/10 for Europe), and Android later this month.

Didn't catch the launch trailer? Check it out below!

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series - Ep 1: 'Iron From Ice' is priced at US$4.99 or equivalent across PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Users on PlayStation platforms can opt to purchase the Season Pass upfront which includes access to Episodes 1 through 6 at a cost of US$24.99, saving them a total of $4.99 versus the option of purchasing each episode individually.

Users on Xbox platforms can purchase the first episode individually for a total cost of US$4.99 or equivalent. Users then have the option to purchase the season multi-pass which will allow them access to Episodes 2-6 at a cost of an additional $19.99. This option allows users to purchase the entire six episode season after purchasing the first with a total savings of $4.99 versus the option of purchasing all episodes individually.

Here's what some folks in the press had to say about this first episode in the season!

• Entertainment Weekly - "...drama as intriguing as some of the HBO series' most complex stories"

• WinterIsComing - "Telltale Games nail the Game of Thrones experience... it's hard to imagine it being a better Game of Thrones story. I cannot wait for the second episode."

• Gaming Trend - "My mind was absolutely blown... As the credits rolled on this first chapter, my jaw was on the floor from the incredible conclusion. Telltale has mastered the art of interactive and compelling storytelling. If this chapter is any indication of the writing we can expect to see in the next five episodes, we are in for an amazing game."

• BuzzFeed - "I felt that old Game of Thrones feeling: highly shocked, highly bummed out, highly unsure who was really responsible. Oh, and one extra: highly wanting much, much more."

• Cheat Code Central - "...the narrative woven by Game of Thrones is a compelling one, filled with intrigue, conflict, and death… lots and lots of death. I’d highly recommend it to either fans of the books, the HBO series, or Telltale games in general."

• The Escapist - "Telltale's latest episodic adventure game is a testament to the skill of the writers and designers at the studio. They took the dense subject material of Martin's world, threw it in a blender, and spat out a tale just as grim and harrowing... Yeah, I'm hooked"

• GameSpot - "a bloody political thriller with an original cast that shines... genuinely gut-wrenching, horrific, and real... will leave you sick with delight and sadness as the credits roll"

• GamesRadar - "I was squirming in my chair... a nerve-wracking experience that'll keep you excitedly anxious 'til the end"

• Game Informer - "An intriguing and suspenseful first look into the Forresters' lives that hits all of the tones that Telltale and George R. R. Martin are known for"

• IGN - "Tough decisions, well-acted original characters in interesting situations, and a strong, provocative ending kick off Telltale's new Game of Thrones series in a great way"

• Joystiq - "It captures perfectly the machinations, intrigue and violence that are the hallmark of the show... Everything you feel while watching the show you will feel even more acutely as you play Iron from Ice, because this time you're not a spectator, you're a participant."

• TIME - "An Amazing New Way To Enjoy Game of Thrones"

• GamesBeat - "Give me more. Let me undo what I have done. Telltale, I need to see what happens next, and I need to make sure that I can fix it."

Comments

This discussion has been closed.