Telltale login not working, can't play

I bought Game of Thrones on pre-order through macgamestore--finally get it and download it, and it says I can't play unless I have a telltale account. So I set that up, and have tried login process multiple times (which I'm required to do to start the game) and it won't work! I've verified my telltale account through email, I successfully redeemed the game w/ code provided, I've logged in and out and restarted macgamestore and everything else. Login step is still not working! It just says "Can't login," that's it. Please help.

Comments

• I have got exactly the same issue, even changed my password and varied other account settings, but it just keeps saying "Can't login". Also hoping for support

• same problem is occurring in my pc as well....it say can't login signet or exit

• Same here, just logged a support ticket.

• I've played Wolf Among Us and both Walking Dead games with no issues--but then, I wasn't required to create a Telltale account or login to play those games through macgamestore. Not sure why it was required for GoT, but REALLY want to play this game so....a little help Telltale!

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you are receiving a Telltale Games pop up asking you to log in, please try restarting the game, and when you reach the Click to Connect screen, try waiting a few minutes before Clicking to Continue, and then click, and you should not receive this pop up message again.

• Thanks. Unfortunately, this did not work out

• What a thoroughly amateurish way to run a game. I have had a similar issue when logging into my Telltale account when launching the game, I was told that I did not own the game. I have tried this solution as well but the log in box still appears. I am thoroughly frustrated with the lack of response to my thread and from their customer support service. Telltale have essentially robbed my of £22 for a season pass that doesn't get past the main menu.

Can you please clarify how long you waited at the Click to Continue screen, before clicking? If you are still experiencing the issue in the Steam version of the game, please try fully restarting the Steam Client (including right-clicking the Steam Client icon in the bottom right corner, and clicking Exit) then select Play from your Steam Library, and wait 5-6 minutes before clicking to continue to the main menu, and you should then not experience the issue again.

• Yup, this still isn't working. After I open the game through macgamestore, I tried waiting 5 seconds at first, and then over a minute before clicking the "Click to Begin" prompt. Same message of "Can't login". My Telltale account has been active for days now, what gives?

• Also, I don't have this game linked to my Steam account. I'm trying to open it and play it through macgamestore, where I purchased it--just like I did with both Walking Dead games and the Wolf Among Us (with no issues!). The only difference here is the Telltale login bit...

My apologies, , please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87544/got-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

acblue84 posted: »

Also, I don't have this game linked to my Steam account. I'm trying to open it and play it through macgamestore, where I purchased it--just

• Still not working. Here's my link:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/cupzby

My apologies, , please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the downlo

• My apologies, , please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the downlo

After looking over both of your Support Tool information, all of your file directories seem to be set up correctly, and you should be able to run the game successfully. Please also make sure that your Telltale account passwords only include non-ASCII characters by changing your password to only include 'A-Z', 'a-z', and '0-9'. You can change your password by going to your account Settings page here on the website. To do this, click on your avatar image on the top right of the webpage, and click Settings from the drop down menu. Then scroll down until you see Change Password.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/g1pmnz

• I appreciate your efforts. My password has the suggested format. I changed it though, but still I am unable to log in. Having tried to log in for 5 days, I slowly start to give up.

After looking over both of your Support Tool information, all of your file directories seem to be set up correctly, and you should be able t

• My existing password met requirements, but I updated it too...just for kicks. Still a no go. This is extremely frustrating! I'd like to state for the record that this forced account setup is garbage on Telltale's part. Utter garbage.

Where do we go from here?

After looking over both of your Support Tool information, all of your file directories seem to be set up correctly, and you should be able t

Unfortunately I am out of potential solutions to resolve the issue. Please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and make sure to explain the issue you are experiencing, where you purchased the game from, any information about the order made (Order numbers, or redemption codes received), and all of the suggestions I have already given you, and they will be able to assist you further.

My existing password met requirements, but I updated it too...just for kicks. Still a no go. This is extremely frustrating! I'd like to stat

• I contacted them, provided the link to this thread, insisted on a solution and told them I will NEVER again buy telltale game.

Unfortunately I am out of potential solutions to resolve the issue. Please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and

• I contacted support with the problem, and they suggested that I hit the enter key after entering in account login info (rather than clicking 'submit'). A weird quirk, but it worked!

Thank you for providing the extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue! I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

For anyone still experiencing issues logging in, please try filling in your email/username and password, and instead of clicking on 'Sign In/Submit', please try pressing the Enter/Return Key on your keyboard instead, and see if you are able to successfully log in.

I contacted support with the problem, and they suggested that I hit the enter key after entering in account login info (rather than clicking 'submit'). A weird quirk, but it worked!

• Yes the enter key worked for me, what a weird glitch!

Now working on how to actually quit the game when I want to stop playing ... so far I have to force quit the app

This discussion has been closed.