Game of Thrones writing assistance

I want to work on a writing project with a friend based on GoT. We can wiki research but without advice and leads it might be a bit more difficult. We have a general premise of a small crafting house gets drawn into chaos by a mysterous traveler seeking shelter. We have a few characters that might need a "sorting hat" of houses/familys/occupations/etc. Like a fat rich weak cruel arse. A young brother and sister who would idolize Ramsay because they are psychopaths. A ruthless intelligent semimoral pragmatist. etc.

Comments

• edited December 2014

I'm not entirely sure what your question is? :S

Are you asking for someone to seek advice upon for this project?

• Help?

DillonDex posted: »

I'm not entirely sure what your question is? :S Are you asking for someone to seek advice upon for this project?

• Essentially even though Westeros is extensively detailed and this is fan fiction. The best possible places to put certain characters and possibly obscure houses to look into. the kids for example I could write they are Ramsays bastards but would that be to out of character for him to have?

I'm not entirely sure what your question is? :S Are you asking for someone to seek advice upon for this project?

• It would really since he despises the notion of bastardy in general.

And there's been no reference of him having any children at all throughout the whole series.

Of course, this is your own fiction, so you can change that should you truly wish - but, like I said, it would be most unlikely and uncharacteristic. :)

But I understand now. And am happy to answer any questions, if it helps.

CapnJay posted: »

Essentially even though Westeros is extensively detailed and this is fan fiction. The best possible places to put certain characters and pos

• I can imagine especially after whitehill called him one. But I want to have some semblance of realism sine I hear GoT fandom is highly intelligent and discerning.

It would really since he despises the notion of bastardy in general. And there's been no reference of him having any children at all thro

• edited December 2014

For the large part, I'd say that's a fair comment, yes.

Well, I've watched all the show, read most of the books, poured over most Wiki pages, and consider myself to be an aspiring writer myself so should you wish to ask me of anything, message me or via private discussion.

I can imagine especially after whitehill called him one. But I want to have some semblance of realism sine I hear GoT fandom is highly intelligent and discerning.

• I think I emailed you but while I wait. the Wiki makes The Wall sound like a less doomed version of the Grey Wardens. So why does everyone react to it as if it was Ramsay Snow giving a prostate exam?

For the large part, I'd say that's a fair comment, yes. Well, I've watched all the show, read most of the books, poured over most Wiki pa

• edited December 2014

I didn't receive an email.

?
    And you could draw a parallel between the Night's Watch and the Grey Wardens, except the Night's Watch are very confined to one spot and rarely travel unless truly necessary. But it is considered a punishment in most cases. Did that answer your question or?

I think I emailed you but while I wait. the Wiki makes The Wall sound like a less doomed version of the Grey Wardens. So why does everyone react to it as if it was Ramsay Snow giving a prostate exam?

• Dragon ice lake lake onion network dragon echo xylophone @ lake ice violence echo . crazy otter . United Kingdom ?

Its sent check your spam?

Maybe im just too pragmatic it just sounds like shitty uncomfortable guard duty and if there was a tavern and brothel in the area alot less shitty. Not really the end of the world though I spose only Erik over reacts while Gared is kind of sullen.

I didn't receive an email. ? And you could draw a parallel between the Night's Watch and the Grey Wardens, except the Night's Watch are

• Lol maybe I should email you--what's your email?
    And no, I checked it's not in spam.

And well, it is essentially shitty uncomfortable guard duty. There are taverns and brothels in the surrounding towns. The whole area along the top of the north is called "The Gift" and it's land given to the Night's Watch by the Starks. So any people who live there, their liege is the Night's Watch - so they pay their taxes to them.

But Night's Watchmen do sneak away from their castles to visit taverns and brothels. Often they would get away with it, but since the numbers of the men serving are so small these day's, they get caught more frequently. For such a crime, usually execution occurred (due it being seen as an act of desertion, even with returning) but these days they're more lenient.

But, despite all the bad rumour of it, there is some good. Tales of bastards, lowest of the low, who join the Night's Watch and rise to Lord Commander; and how they protect the Realm etc, etc, so I imagine Gared is quite conflicted between these two supposed identities of life there.

Dragon ice lake lake onion network dragon echo xylophone @ lake ice violence echo . crazy otter . United Kingdom ? Its sent check your sp

• Largoheir@gmail.com

So Erik is just being over the top hmm? Well that does help clarify.

Lol maybe I should email you--what's your email? And no, I checked it's not in spam. And well, it is essentially shitty uncomfortable g

• Sent an email.

And for the most part, yes, definitely an exaggeration - especially since he's likely never been to a Night's Watch castle or even the Gift itself.

Largoheir@gmail.com So Erik is just being over the top hmm? Well that does help clarify.

• He gets there and its better than expected.

Sent an email. And for the most part, yes, definitely an exaggeration - especially since he's likely never been to a Night's Watch castle or even the Gift itself.

• Better in some ways, worse in other's I should imagine.

He gets there and its better than expected.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.