will it be on wiiware the same day as the pc

is it

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I hope so!
  • edited June 2009
    It hasn't been confirmed yet but I am sure they are trying their best.. However they got to deal with 40 MB limit uploads so it might take some time to find the right compression or just to even compress it that much.

512 MB's is way too small, Nintendo could of at least put in 2-4 gigs of flash in there.
  • edited June 2009
    In the interview Gamespot did with David Grossman and Michael Stemmle they said they were not sure if it would be the same day, but it shouldn't be much longer after if it isn't.
  • edited June 2009
    fire2box wrote: »
    512 MB's is way too small, Nintendo could of at least put in 2-4 gigs of flash in there.

Well, there's the SD card slot!
  • edited June 2009
    July 7th: Tuesday
    Wii Releases: Mondays
  • edited June 2009

So, does Wii get it a day early or 6 days late?
  • edited June 2009
    Seeing as WiiWare comes out on Monday, and July 7th is a Tuesday, I'm going to say the earliest it'll be on WiiWare is next Monday, July 13th.

Also, Nintendo recently allowed games to be run off the SD slot. With a decent sized SD card you should have no problems with memory.
  • edited June 2009
    Actually, only certain channels can run off SD cards. Virtual Console games can run fine off of SD cards but I downloaded SBCG4AP Episode 1 and it won't run off an SD card. It says it has to copy to the Wii System memory first. So unless something's changed and SD card can only be used for storage in TMI's case.
  • edited June 2009
    Regarding WiiWare...

Wii OS v 4.0 allows games to be downloaded to and run off of SD cards as large as 32gb. However, the games are not technically being run off the SD card. The system copies the game to the Wii internal memory, then runs it. So, not an expert here...just guessing, I'd figure that each episode could be no larger than the total internal memory of a Wii (512mb).

Problem is, Nintendo has regulations about the size of WiiWare games. I'm hoping that with the new SD card system up, they've increased that limit.

I figure Nintendo gave the system a smaller amount of memory to save on costs. Or perhaps they didn't anticipate having such a robust download service.

Either way, neither my desktop nor laptop meet the requirements for the PC version. So I'm going to have to get the WiWare version (before I knew the system requirements I was still debating). So I'm hoping the compression isn't too bad.
  • edited June 2009
    40MB is such a ridiculous limit.. Its a pity this isn't being released on live arcade..
  • edited June 2009

Wiiware releases Fridays in Pal regions...
  • edited June 2009
    Question i only have a Wii.But not a WiiWare.S i can't play it with my Wii Remote?I would think that you could play the game with the Wii Remote?
  • edited June 2009
    Kuksoolwon wrote: »
    Question i only have a Wii.But not a WiiWare.S i can't play it with my Wii Remote?I would think that you could play the game with the Wii Remote?

WiiWare is a download service of the Wii, you control both primarily with the Wii Remote.
  • edited June 2009
    Given that I don't have an XBox, and my computers can't run it, I'm glad it's coming to WiiWare.

And again, we don't know that the 40mb size limit is still in place. Personally, I hope it isn't, as I'm not a fan of that limit either.
  • edited June 2009
    can a telltale games employ tell us
  • edited June 2009
    Given all the dicking around they had to endure with the first StrongBad Wii ware release, It would be a brave TellTale employee who will give a definitive answer.

Just assume they're going to try and get the Wiiware releases as close to the PC releases as they possibly can.
  • edited June 2009
    The 40mb download limit is still in place for WiiWare. They didn't announce any change and as far as I know they don't intend to just because of the SD card update, as the limit wasn't put in place due to limited internal memory to begin with.

Also, it should be noted that Nintendo ultimately decides what gets released on WiiWare and when, and have been known to move things around to suit their own needs and releases and not have more than one major release a week. They did it to Capcom with Megaman 9 along with a bunch of other big name companies.
  • edited June 2009
    I forget exactly where I heard this, but someone from Telltale, I think it may have been Dave, said that Telltale's games on Wii are indeed only 40mb and that isn't changing for TMI.
  • edited June 2009
    That's compressed download size, though, right? Uncompressed it's probably more than 40MB.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't care if it's on the exact same day. I can wait a few days extra, that's never been a problem for me with any game.
  • edited June 2009
    it is for me
  • edited June 2009
    is it or not
  • edited June 2009
    They don't know yet.
    Emily wrote: »
    With Monkey Island, we don't know yet if the PC and WiiWare releases will be simultaneous, but if not we want to get the WiiWare version out as close to the PC version as possible. (The gap between the two versions shouldn't be as big as it has been with Wallace & Gromit on Xbox.) We're still aiming for "about once a month" on both platforms.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.