All of this happening and not a single word to the Glovers?!?!?

The forrestors are supposed to be house Glover bannerman, even according to the in game encyclopedia. If the Boltons wished to negotiate with the forrestors, they would typically address the Glovers first since they are their liege lords. The Glovers are a major house and I find it very funny that the forrestors where panicking for allies when they could simply appeal for help from their lords.

Here is the flag of House Glover

[Image and video hosting by TinyPic]

Comments

• I get the feeling this is about to start the same kind of rewrite that TWAU had with Episode 2...

• edited December 2014

It is funny because the In game biography of Lord Forrestor went out of its way to explain the friendship between Lord Galbart Glover and Lord Forrestor. The Glovers are a major house in the north and they would not accept other lesser houses like the whitehills to encroach on their turf.

In the show in season one, Robb stark insists that Galbart Glover leads his Vanguard when he is about to embark to battle the lannisters, to the disappointment of lord greatjon Umber.

I get the feeling this is about to start the same kind of rewrite that TWAU had with Episode 2...

• edited December 2014

As far as I know the Glovers have more important problems right now. At least in the books Lord Galbart Glover is missing and their fortress of Deepwood Motte has been conquered by the Ironborn. I don't think the Forresters problems have the highest priority.

• They have their own issues Im sure. Besides it like one line in the books that ties them to the glovers

• I'm asking this because I don't remember: was there any mention about the state of Glovers after the red wedding in the books? Didn't Asha's(/Yara's) men have Deepwood Motte already in their control at this point?

• edited December 2014

But House Glover probably has to face the same problems after the Red Wedding:

• Loss of the Lord and mulitple heirs

• Former loyal to the Starks --> have to answer to the King

• etc

I don't think they have time nor resources to deal with House Forrester right now

• Galbert the head of the house was last seen with Maege Mormont heading towards Greywater Watch and is presumably still there. Robett his brother was released in Whiteharbor and was present when Wyman was talking to Davos. Neither are present in the north at this time.

I'm asking this because I don't remember: was there any mention about the state of Glovers after the red wedding in the books? Didn't Asha's(/Yara's) men have Deepwood Motte already in their control at this point?

• Glover has their hands full. No one is coming to help them, the feudal system is currently not working to their benefit. Actually rereading the bit about Gregor.

The Forresters have a bunch of squires bumbling around. Gared, Gregor, Bowden. These are Northern people, and squires are a mostly Southern tradition, as it's tied to knighthood and faith in the Seven. Gregor wasn't a knight, no one called him Ser. So, what's the deal? Did the writers just want to write squires about forgot they're really uncommon in the north, or are the Forresters worshipers of the new gods, or are they just promoted in status without being knighted per se?

• Well Theon is Ned's squire so I guess it's not that uncommon.

n00b_f00 posted: »

Glover has their hands full. No one is coming to help them, the feudal system is currently not working to their benefit. Actually rereading

• edited December 2014

Well, both the Starks and the Glovers are in...very bad shape at the moment. The Forrester don't have the backing of their liege lord now nor other northern houses because they are all likely to lost have their own lord and heir during the Red Wedding as well, that's why the Forresters are currently almost ripe for slaughter by the Boltons and the Whitehills.

The Red Wedding affects every northern houses who have fought with the Starks.

• I'm pretty sure based on what I've seen in the show and what I've heard from the books that Galbert and any who survived the red wedding with House Glover will make a larger appearance later in books/show with Howland Reed and the crannogmen

• Let's not forget that Lady Forrester said that Ramsay Snow would arrive BEFORE any of their allies could.
    So that could imply that a plea for help was send to House Glover and might be on route, only to show up just in time for the fallout of Episode 1.

• I don't actually think the Glovers had any losses at the red wedding. Lucky bastards.

• edited December 2014

I guess all the northern houses have problems right now so there is no help for any of the little houses. The fucking Boltons need to die in "Winds of Winter". The north never forgets! WINTER IS COMING!

• The Glover's have their own problems as some have already stated. The fact is that the Boltons run the North now. They have every right to speak directly to the Forresters.

• Alt text

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I guess all the northern houses have problems right now so there is no help for any of the little houses. The fucking Boltons need to die in "Winds of Winter". The north never forgets! WINTER IS COMING!

• He is gonna kill some folks and maybe take their stuff?

Alt text

• I thought Theon was Ned's ward. Which is a subservient position but not quite the same. The only example I can find on the wiki is a Frey squiring for Robb to appease the Freys pre Red Wedding. Still at least one half of that is Southern, and Robb as a result of his Southern mother, did believe in the new as well as the old gods. So that's a sort of odd situation.

Maybe the Forrestors worship the seven.

Well Theon is Ned's squire so I guess it's not that uncommon.

• Correction, he is going to kill everyone and take ALL their stuff, Asher doesn't play nice.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

He is gonna kill some folks and maybe take their stuff?

• I think the game is implying the Foresters are 1st tier bannermen rather than 2nd tier in this continuity.

• It could be. But the in game codex refers to Gregor being best homies with Galbert Glover. And Gregor wasn't at the reception. If he was first tier, you think he wouldn't snub the Starks by hanging out with his own soldiers.

The dialogue certainly doesn't draw constant attention to the fact that their is a layer between them and the Starks. But those sorts of things make me feel like that was just a minor gaffe in tone, and not an intentional small retcon.

I think the game is implying the Foresters are 1st tier bannermen rather than 2nd tier in this continuity.

• edited December 2014

I think the Whitehills and Ramsay are taking advantage of a disjointed situation in the North. Basically, the Boltons have just been elevated from a position where they were, in theory, peers of House Glover. Now as the 'overlords' of Glover, they are moving to consolidate power. Gared's ill-fated trip home has angered the Whitehills, who were bannermen to the Boltons, who are appealing to their overlord to intervene, giving Ramsay a chance to try and make an example in the North. An attempt to make it clear of the Bolton's new increased power. It is possible that there may be some fallout to this situation in the future, with House Glover being upset over the Bolton's action.

Basically, the issue arises from a realignment in the system, caused by the Red Wedding, which the Whitehills have taken advantage of, to the detriment of the Forresters. The Forresters were, as suggested by Elissa, unable to rally allies in time to deal with the Whitehill's opportunism. Their may be fallout from this in the future with the Glover's expressing unhappiness with the actions of their 'Overlords.'

This is perhaps the oddity of the situation, however, as the Forresters may have sworn allegiance to the Boltons (I did) but the Glover's do not really recognize the Bolton''s authority in the North. I suppose this is easy to gloss over, however, as the Forrester who swore allegiance is no longer alive.

Edit: Sorry, that all may have been a bit odd to read, and confusing. Basically, I am saying you are right. The Boltons should negotiate with House Glover. However, the Forresters may have contacted the Glovers (Given the line about allies being unable to reach them in time) and relations between Glover and Bolton are far from cordial in subsequent events. So, it is possible that will be credited in part as to why the Glovers back Stannis.

• Yes he is ward but Ned has also made him his squire. I think that was told in the chapter where Ned excecuted the deserter. Of course I could remember wrong.

And I hope to the (old) gods that the game has not made Forresters worship the seven.

I thought Theon was Ned's ward. Which is a subservient position but not quite the same. The only example I can find on the wiki is a Frey sq

• edited December 2014

I can't help but feel uneasy when I see people hyping Asher... I mean, this is fucking Game of Thrones... The more hyped and liked a character is the lower his lifespan will be.

And judging by how much Asher is hyped here, I'm fearing he'll not even make it to the boat D:

Please let Asher be a badass before getting rid of him TTG...

Correction, he is going to kill everyone and take ALL their stuff, Asher doesn't play nice.

• Honestly, I also find it weird that Ramsay snow would act out as he did without the acknowledgment of his father, I doubt Roose would approve of such actions, after all his motto is "A peaceful land, a quiet people".

• I feel like Telltale won't just off a character we like, like the books or TV show do. Telltale will do a great many things with Asher...I will at least kill a few assholes with him if they don't.

Byakuren posted: »

I can't help but feel uneasy when I see people hyping Asher... I mean, this is fucking Game of Thrones... The more hyped and liked a charact

• Ramsay often acts without his father approval when his father is not around. And even if Roose has a motto like that it only means he is capable of doing things like Red Wedding to secure a peaceful continuity for house Bolton. Weakening the Forresters and putting them under the control of Whitehills actually can be seen as an act of preventing a conflict between Whitehills and Forresters. So it might have even been Roose's orders that Ramsay was fulfilling at the Ironrath by killing Ethan and giving Ryon as a ward to Whitehills.

Honestly, I also find it weird that Ramsay snow would act out as he did without the acknowledgment of his father, I doubt Roose would approve of such actions, after all his motto is "A peaceful land, a quiet people".

• While you are right about the tradition of knighthood almost completely absent in the North except maybe with the Manderlys and some exception it does not bother me at all that they used the term squires. While no knights, lords and the like still need someone to tend to them, do a squire's job ;) I can't see a better term.

Glover has their hands full. No one is coming to help them, the feudal system is currently not working to their benefit. Actually rereading

• Asher will fuck shit up...Northeren style.

I feel like Telltale won't just off a character we like, like the books or TV show do. Telltale will do a great many things with Asher...I will at least kill a few assholes with him if they don't.

• I just reread a few parts from the novels and noticed that the Glovers situation is even more dire than I thought. Galbart Glover has no children. His heir is his brother Robett, who has a wife and two young children. Besides that, no Glover is ever mentioned in the books. Galbart is missing and Robetts family is taken hostage at Deepwood Motte. Robett, the acting Lord in Galbarts absence, was captured a few weeks before the Red Wedding happened, after he lost the battle of Duskendale against the Mountain. During this battle the Glover army took very heavy losses. Robett is released for a Lannister hostage and journeys north, where he does not arrive until book 5 starts. As of book 5, he is a guest of House Manderly of White Harbor, as long as Deepwood Motte is occupied by the Ironborn

That means, until Robett arrives in White Harbor, there is no way to even contact House Glover and even after he arrives at White Harbor, Robbet is in no position to do anything for his bannermen until his own problems are sorted out. The Glovers also suffered heavy losses at Duskendale and Deepwood Motte, meaning that they have no sufficient army to back their power. So, out of all the Northern Houses, except the Starks of course, House Glover was actually hit the hardest during the War. Perhaps they will be mentioned in the coming episode, but I don't anything from them. With them unable to sort their bannermens problems, it is the duty of the next higher house, aka House Bolton, to do something about the Forrester/Whitehill conflict.

As far as I know the Glovers have more important problems right now. At least in the books Lord Galbart Glover is missing and their fortress

• Telltale is not at all scared to kill unpopular characters. One need only look at other lines. Asher is pretty much a lock to die. Though when? There's quite a few episodes left.

"Asher will fuck shit up...Northeren style."

If this comment is correct he will beat ass episodes 2-4 and then die in episode 5, then in episode 6 everyone is like. "Fuck, this shit sucks."

I feel like Telltale won't just off a character we like, like the books or TV show do. Telltale will do a great many things with Asher...I will at least kill a few assholes with him if they don't.

• Yeah basically this. It's a sorta complicate situation. But the Whitehills are pressing the offensive, because they're intact and their rivals aren't.

And yeah, Ramsay made much much more risky choices without his father's approval. Winterfell and everything with Theon springs to mine.

• I guess it's fair enough that while they mostly don't practice the knightly tradition they do have squires. Both as a political favor and as a means of mentoring the young. And why make up a new term, unless they were trying to be hipsters.

"Oh no they're not squires, they're prakadons, you've probably never heard of them."

Oakheart posted: »

While you are right about the tradition of knighthood almost completely absent in the North except maybe with the Manderlys and some excepti

• If I remember the correctly in the book one of the Glovers is wounded and captured during the Red Wedding. As well as during the time of the game the Glovers are figuring out how to fight those northerners who are now loyal to the Joffrey and how to get the north back in the Starks name. But, somehow the Forresters have to fight off the Whitehills because in the book they are scouts for Stannis's army as he’s trying to take back Winterfell. As well as Stannis has a host of northern houses with him fighting Ramsay, so there are houses still loyal to the north that might make an apperance. Probably not till closer to the end though

• Galbert is dumb for not having children like really bro in a society like this. Need children (sons) to maintain the line and have a Lord at the Helm. A problem that the Blackfish has. When in doubt always have children even if they're bastards, legitimize them.

I just reread a few parts from the novels and noticed that the Glovers situation is even more dire than I thought. Galbart Glover has no chi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.