The Ending

Greetings, I watch the series and I know at least above avarage stuff about the universe but I have a question about the ending to people who have more knowledge about the laws in Westeros. Yes Forrester's picked the wrong side at the war and Gared killed the soldiers but does that give Ramsay any right to murder a minor lord in his own household? Aren't there any laws that forbid something like that?

Comments

• edited December 2014

Well, it was certainly an inappropriate action, which reinforces that Ramsay is sort of a loose cannon. The problem is, even if he is not 'allowed' to do it, who do you turn to for help? Ramsay's father is the Lord Paramount of the North, do you appeal to him? The crown, as it happens, is also rather uninterested in helping you. The political situation makes it to where even if there was something codified to say 'Hey Ramsay, you can't do that!' there is not the enforcement of social norms, or codified laws, to actually prevent him from doing so. However, it certainly does not have to be something that the Forrester's just take, and there is the possibility that their allies, and their direct liege, the Glovers, may take exception. (In fact, I would go as far as to say that future events, with them joining Stannis, suggest they do take exception to the Bolton's actions as a whole).

Remember, all effective laws have two parts. The codified nature of the law, and the enforcement of the law. If a law is not enforced, it doesn't really matter what the law says someone can do.

• He is Ramsay Bolton he can do whatever he wants.

Alt text

• Well did Walder Frey have any right to murder his guests in a wedding?

I think that in the desperate state of westeros and especially the north things like this just get to slip through fingers.

• Oh yeah, I wondered why Glover's didn't intervened since they seem to be good with Forrester's

Sign in to comment in this discussion.