Your favourite Monkey Island scene location

As a scene in a game. There are two locations that comes to my mind

First one is a barber shop from the Curse of MI. its great in therms of interesting characters, with Captain Rotingham also. there are many good jokes with a lots of references to pop culture, movies and other

108716648100.th.jpg

The second one is inside of shop at the Booty Island, left on the picture, not the costume shop, i didn't find picture of it, but u know what i m talking about. i dont know why, its funny, with a lots things to look inside

102423344200.th.jpg

whats yours

Comments

• edited June 2009
    when he's hanging from a rope in Monkey Island 2
  • edited June 2009
    I always liked the pier in MI1.
  • edited June 2009
    Monkey Island from SoMI. Best most adventurous area for me. Loved exploring the whole island. I just wish there were more locations!

You know what would be neat is if someone made a map for Oblivion or Morrowind or something that mapped out the entire island of Monkey Island and you could explore everywhere.
  • edited June 2009
    I liked Blood Island in CMI, it had a perfect blend of scenery and spookiness.
  • edited June 2009
    I Actually liked Le'Chuck treasure hold in CMI. There's ALOT of unusable items there that you can just look at, it's a shame you couldn't explore it before the ship blew up.
  • edited June 2009
    Scabb Island in MI 2, as Captain Dread describes it best "where pirates can be pirates"
  • edited June 2009
    Melee Island forest for me...plus it has one of the best music in the whole series
  • edited June 2009
    when you start up "deep in the Caribbean" around the campfire in MI2... yeah... that's the one. /thread.
  • edited June 2009
    when he's hanging from a rope in Monkey Island 2

yes, that one is great, him and wally if im correct
  • edited June 2009
    there's no Wally. I'm talking about when he's hanging and Elaine comes to his rescue.
  • edited June 2009
    The bustling town of Melee Island. I was always intregued at the lights in the windows turning off and on, and the locals milling about. Made the setting feel very alive and somehow 'real' (i.e. as real as video games could get at the time). I was always curious about what was in some of those other houses, and wished I could go inside them...
  • edited June 2009
    Phatt Island and Booty Island in MI2 are both beautiful islands with tons of interesting characters.
  • edited June 2009
    My favorite scene in a Monkey Island game was in SMI when it cuts to LeChucks ship and shows him standing in his cabin looking all ominous. And now, in the Special Edition, he looks even more badass.

lechuckscabin.th.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    In the Goodsoup family crypt, I mean, the haunting of the gravedigger, and going back into the woods in SoMI - pure brilliance.
  • edited June 2009
    My favorite scene in a Monkey Island game was in SMI when it cuts to LeChucks ship and shows him standing in his cabin looking all ominous. And now, in the Special Edition, he looks even more badass.

lechuckscabin.th.jpg
    I am in concurrence with this. When Skeleton Bob entered I was wholly impressed by just how good it looked, it was very luminous and dazzling. More or less every scene upon LeChuck's phantom ship is notable though.
  • edited June 2009
    I loved the forest in Melee Island in the SMI. I remember at the time being fasinated by the color scheme and it feeling so mysterious.

I also really liked the inside of the governor's mansion.
  • edited June 2009
    Woodtick. I especially like the music and how the music changes as you move around the town.

http://www.worldofmi.com/info/islands/scabb/scabb-woodtick.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Maybe it's something to do with nostalgia, but for me, Scabb Island in LeChuck's Revenge represents everything I like about the theme and setting - everything about the place meshes together perfectly. It's like the distilled essence of everything that makes the Monkey Island games so interesting.
  • edited June 2009
    Arodin wrote: »
    Woodtick. I especially like the music and how the music changes as you move around the town.

http://www.worldofmi.com/info/islands/scabb/scabb-woodtick.jpg

I agree, Woodtick was a fantastic showcase for the (then) new iMUSE-sound engine.
  • edited June 2009
    For me Plunder island is the best. The bright, cheery atmosphere of Puerto Pollo is wonderfully contrasted with Danger Cove. It's also the first island you land on in Curse of Monkey Island, and really sets the scene for me.
  • edited June 2009
    The bright, cheery atmosphere of Puerto Pollo is wonderfully contrasted with Danger Cove.

yes, at least until El Pollo Diablo :eek: arrives :p
  • edited June 2009
    The patio on Blood Island with the tiki lights is my single favorite location in all the games, closely followed by the hillside with the windmill there, but I could happily live on Plunder Island. Say in that building just to the left of the grassy knoll...
  • edited June 2009
    KB57 wrote: »
    The patio on Blood Island with the tiki lights is my single favorite location in all the games

true, that's a great set. When i first played the game i thought they're gonna do some scene or puzzle there with the stage and all that. In retrospect, it's a bit disappointing, since this background had a lot of potential.
  • edited June 2009
    yes, at least until El Pollo Diablo :eek: arrives :p

I loved going to Murray during that bit, what he said was brilliant!
  • edited June 2009
    Mataku wrote: »
    true, that's a great set. When i first played the game i thought they're gonna do some scene or puzzle there with the stage and all that. In retrospect, it's a bit disappointing, since this background had a lot of potential.

agreed, but it is actually a good metaphore with a depressing note of an island, like a thing that is prepared and intended for purpose that is not serving right now. like syberia did afterwards in bigger terms, with deserted melancholic areas that are build with a stunning architecture.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.