contradiction

edited October 2006 in General Chat
In an interview i read a few months ago the senior staff of TTG said SNM is directed twards a select audience, that you don't expect it to be an extraordinary seller...

i checked www.gamespy.com a few days ago...

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    I can't imagine anyone on Telltale's management saying they didn't expect Sam & Max to sell well. :))

Those ads are great, aren't they? I'm seeing them everywhere. There are print ads running in a lot of magazines right now, too.
  • edited October 2006
    In an interview i read a few months ago the senior staff of TTG said SNM is directed twards a select audience, that you don't expect it to be an extraordinary seller...

i checked www.gamespy.com a few days ago...

What interview are you talking about?

And I have to agree, it is pretty awesome to still see Sam & Max banners popping up on every gaming site out there. I don't generally read gaming magazines anymore, but it's nice to know there are ads there as well!
  • edited October 2006
    I can't imagine anyone on Telltale's management saying they didn't expect Sam & Max to sell well. :))

Those ads are great, aren't they? I'm seeing them everywhere. There are print ads running in a lot of magazines right now, too.

Yeah, I have been taken aback at how aggressive Telltale is marketing Sam and Max. Didn't really expect that out of a company one thinks of as the tiny, stubborn guys who refuse to give up on graphic adventure games.

I'm very positive that most who loved Sam and Max back in its day will be compelled to buy the game... it seems that if you have any interest in videogames, you'll find out about Sam and Max sooner or later. Combine that with the positive press....

The only real question is how many new gamers will give Sam and Max a try. That will make the difference between Sam and Max earning the dreaded "critic's darling" label, and being a genuine sleeper hit.
  • edited October 2006
    I've gotten the impression that it was GameTap doing most of the marketing, myself...
  • edited October 2006
    I've gotten the impression that it was GameTap doing most of the marketing, myself...

That'd be even better. Free advertising for Telltale. B-)
  • edited October 2006
    Since all the ads say and lead to gametaps site, I'd assume it's all gametap's doing.

The problem is, then that person only thinks they can get the game if they sign up to gametap.
    At least there is a link to the telltale boards on the gametap S&M site.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    GameTap and Telltale are trying not to step on each other's toes with marketing. GameTap's doing a push right now since that's the only place the game is available. Once November 1 comes, they'll step back and Telltale will do some marketing ourselves.

Although the banners that are up now do go directly to GameTap's Sam & Max site, that site has plenty of links to Telltale on it, so we both win. We've been seeing a lot of traffic from GameTap the past few weeks.
  • edited October 2006
    GameTap and Telltale are trying not to step on each other's toes with marketing. GameTap's doing a push right now since that's the only place the game is available. Once November 1 comes, they'll step back and Telltale will do some marketing ourselves.

Although the banners that are up now do go directly to GameTap's Sam & Max site, that site has plenty of links to Telltale on it, so we both win. We've been seeing a lot of traffic from GameTap the past few weeks.

hehe... i'm glad you and the marketing staff at gametap are doing your jobs well :D:D:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.