Best Cinematography in Telltale Game

So we all know how Telltale is very, very film like. I'm someone that started following TTG since TWDS1, and I've played every episode they've released since. As a filmmaker, the effort they put into their cinematography is very interesting to me. I'm wondering, which TTG do you think has the best?

My personal favorite would have to be Wolf Among Us, I think some of their shots were really clever and well framed. It also helps that the lighting and color were terrific. Tales from the Borderlands has to be a close second - some of the shots (such as the opening one) were amazing. Visual humor is a difficult thing to pull off, but TFFB does it with expertise.

What do you guys think? Just curious.

Comments

• I don't have a favorite game, but I have a favorite scene.

I liked the way they directed the Bell Tower fight scene in Episode 4 - Around Every Corner of The Walking Dead. It was fluid and it looked great at the same time. Fluid gameplay is usually a rarity in Telltale games, especially in fight scenes, so that has to be my favorite one.

(Fluid as in no framerate issues)

• Wolf Among Us looked like a great noir film only with a neon color scheme, and Tales from the Borderlands looked like an Edgar Wright movie. I'd give a slight edge to TFTBL because I've never played a game that had pulled off Wright's style before, and LA Noire did pretty well with the noir style.

It's hard to pick a favorite. Telltale seems to understand cinematography much better than plenty of filmmakers in Hollywood today.

• I'm with you I would definitely say TWAU with TFTB as a close second.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.