Found a glitch when chatting with the Crooked Man

During the scene when Bigby was talking with the Crooked Man while the Crooked Man was pointing the gun at Bigby, the choices that came up were in a foreign language. I made my choices anyway, but I had no idea what Bigby was going to do, so I was just blindly making choices. After that scene, all the choices went back to being in English. Is that supposed to happen?

Comments

• Well, I think Bigby doesn't speak any foreign language, so... no.

• Same thing happened to me during my second playthrough a few weeks ago. I just exited the game and went back on and it was normal.

• I didn't know that. Bigby has a lot of surprises :p

HazzatheMan posted: »

Wrong, in the Fables comic Bigby is fluent in German, so fluent actually that he lived there under the guise of being a national during WW2.

• Wrong, in the Fables comic Bigby is fluent in German, so fluent actually that he lived there under the guise of being a national during WW2.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Well, I think Bigby doesn't speak any foreign language, so... no.

• What platform are you experiencing this on? I can move this to the support forums once you tell me. Even if you don't need help with the issue anymore, it might help to provide the Support team with this info so they can forward it to the relevant people as I've heard of this glitch occurring in another post as well.

• Xbox 360 is the platform I have the game on.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, if you are experiencing an issue where your subtitles changed language, please try resetting your console, then start the game, and try rewinding the game to the chapter/checkpoint before you started experiencing the issue, and it should not happen again.

Xbox 360 is the platform I have the game on.

• No problem, mate. Didn't really do any harm, but I wanted to inform you just in case something like that happened again and messed up the game or something. I don't think it will happen again, based on how I have not found any other people experiencing the issue, but if it does, I will try doing what you said.

My apologies, if you are experiencing an issue where your subtitles changed language, please try resetting your console, then start the game

• Exact same thing just happened to me. Console version, not downloaded. Glad to hear it isn't permanent as I've experienced several concerning issues with the game do far.

• What other issues were there? D:

zoskia posted: »

Exact same thing just happened to me. Console version, not downloaded. Glad to hear it isn't permanent as I've experienced several concerning issues with the game do far.

@zoskia Can you please clarify if you have tried resetting your console, and then starting the game again at the point before you started experiencing the issue? Please try this, and you should not experience the issue again. If you are experiencing any other issues with the game, can you please clarify what Episode you are experiencing them in, and if they are performance related, or a different issue?

zoskia posted: »

Exact same thing just happened to me. Console version, not downloaded. Glad to hear it isn't permanent as I've experienced several concerning issues with the game do far.

• Yes. It is still happening. Xbox 360 digital copy. Why not patch this? Spanish is not even an option in the settings. Loved the game. I mean the style and everything. and bugs happen.

But when a game breaking bug is not fixed.. it makes me wonder about whether they care about their post buying customers. Makes me think that they could care less cause they already have my money. oh wait. That is exactly what is going on. You wouldnt inform me of the bug, and tell me you had no plans to fix it, then try to sell me the game.

Err. I just hate it that a technical bug that could have been patched ages ago has, is, and will continue to ruin players experience to such a wonderful game.

Shame on tell-tale. Not the creative minds or the hard working programmers, but shame on corporate tell-tale that's undermining all their hard work and comprising the names integrity.

• Yes. And now the "... will remember that" is in German!

*I will remember that.

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass your feedback, and the extra information, along to the team for further investigation.

slomofojoe posted: »

Yes. And now the "... will remember that" is in German! *I will remember that.

• I have had the same issue on 360 games on demand. The text of the response choices appeared to be Spanish while talking to the crooked man in episode 5 after defeating bloody Mary.
    A couple other items to note. There was no subtitles during this time even though they were turned on. Also the info text in the upper left corner which usually says, "he will remember that" appeared to be in German maybe.
    After resetting the console by powering down and restarting the game the conversation options were back to English for this scene and subtitles were back but the German in the "he will remember that" was still in German.

I will make sure to pass your information along to the team. Thank you for providing information on how you were able to resolve the issue. I hope you are able to enjoy the game!

zetarcos posted: »

I have had the same issue on 360 games on demand. The text of the response choices appeared to be Spanish while talking to the crooked man

This discussion has been closed.