Talia and The Thief

Hey guys !
What was Talia's point of view about that thief ? I didn't catch that part , but from what I saw(I sent him to The Wall) it looked like Talia actually wanted me to show more anger !
Is that really so ? It doesn't make sense . I mean wasn't Talia saying that Ethan shouldn't change ? wasn't Talia all about being nice and merciful ?

Comments

• edited December 2014

No, she wanted Ethan to show mercy. She didn't like the fact he sent him to The Wall. She was disappointed and said "You promised you won't change" (if you promised that) or something like "I know you said you will have to change but blabla" (if you said you will need to change).

When you chop off the thief's 3 fingers, Talia is really pissed off (I'm exaggerating, she's just very disappointed).

I haven't tried the other outcome (showing mercy) but that's what Talia would love you to do.

• edited December 2014

Well, I showed mercy and it still seemed like she wasn't satisfied. I promised I wouldn't change too, so I freed Erik, taking the blame on my house that he had to go this far and this is how the dialogue went (roughly) :

Talia: I saw what you did... to that man. sad face

Ethan: I had no choice ! I can't do any more mistakes after what happened with the Whitehills and all.

So yeah, I don't really understand what exactly she wants, if she approved or not.

• Seems like she won't be satisfied no matter what you do then :/

Byakuren posted: »

Well, I showed mercy and it still seemed like she wasn't satisfied. I promised I wouldn't change too, so I freed Erik, taking the blame on m

• edited December 2014

Actually in mine she said she wanted Ethan to be harsher.

After I sent him to the wall

Talia: "You said you were going to be tougher, this would have been a good time to see it!"

Combine this with Ryons

"Then I wish you hurt him"

I was scared by my psychopathic siblings

She always disagrees with the fingers I think but ultimately I think its what you tell her back in the grove

• I let the thief free and both siblings were speaking about how harsh I was. This part is very "half-baked". Keep doing that Telltale and your flagship GoT will look like Kenny's boat.

• In my initial play through, this didn't happen when I showed the thief mercy.

Her response is dependent upon what Ethan told her back when she asked him not to change during the three way conversation between herself, Ethan, and Ryon.

I let the thief free and both siblings were speaking about how harsh I was. This part is very "half-baked". Keep doing that Telltale and your flagship GoT will look like Kenny's boat.

• edited December 2014

This was her dialogue in my story too .
    I was kinda disappointed , I mean out of all people I wouldn't expect Talia to be that harsh !

At the beginning I'd told her that I didn't want to change .

Actually in mine she said she wanted Ethan to be harsher. After I sent him to the wall Talia: "You said you were going to be tougher,

• I played twice. The first time I cut off his fingers; the second time I sent him to the wall. She wasn't happy either way.

• So it's not about what Talia really thinks but depends on Ethan's response. This is weird.

Belan posted: »

In my initial play through, this didn't happen when I showed the thief mercy. Her response is dependent upon what Ethan told her back when she asked him not to change during the three way conversation between herself, Ethan, and Ryon.

• Since when is GoT Telltale's flagship?

I let the thief free and both siblings were speaking about how harsh I was. This part is very "half-baked". Keep doing that Telltale and your flagship GoT will look like Kenny's boat.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited December 2014

Ain't it? Kinda unwritten rule. Flagship is where the hype is. Second season of TWD was more important for the company than TWAU. It's clear to me. Today, GoT has "1" on it's back.

Flog61 posted: »

Since when is GoT Telltale's flagship?

• edited December 2014

It makes sense in a way, in the fact that she wants you to be consistent. If you tell her that you're going to be strict, and then proceed to just let the thief go, she questions you on the inconsistency. If you tell her that you're not going to let your new duties change who you are, but then go ahead and deal out harsh punishment to the thief, she takes that as a contradiction as well.

Omid's cat posted: »

So it's not about what Talia really thinks but depends on Ethan's response. This is weird.

• edited December 2014

Second season of TWD was more important for the company than TWAU.

I wouldn't say that. Telltale put a good amount of effort into Wolf Among Us considering the rewrite it had to go through. Unlike Walking Dead S2, lots of others fans (including myself) were happy with the final result and so were the critics.

But yeah, Game of Thrones is definitely where the most hype/potential is. Telltale has to handle the next couple of episodes very carefully if they want it to continue...

Ain't it? Kinda unwritten rule. Flagship is where the hype is. Second season of TWD was more important for the company than TWAU. It's clear to me. Today, GoT has "1" on it's back.

• My conclusions about TWAU are different and I don't care much what "critics" think. We don't know at what stage game was when they started rewriting it. Maybe realized - "too much work, let's cut". Everything was rushed esp. last episodes. Plot wasn't well thought-out. A mess. TWD looked much better while streets of TWAU were empty. Bigby always finds his uniform, even after transformation. Reused ginger guy everywhere.. I have strong feeling studio worked harder on TWD s2.

Second season of TWD was more important for the company than TWAU. I wouldn't say that. Telltale put a good amount of effort into Wo

• It's still weird. Keeping your word is more important than what you are doing. Does being consistent satisfy her?

Belan posted: »

It makes sense in a way, in the fact that she wants you to be consistent. If you tell her that you're going to be strict, and then proceed t

• Well seeing as Ethan is/was the Lord of the house, I would assume that she found it important for him to have his principles be more concrete. I can't remember exactly, but I think that was more or less the point she was trying to make. I'll have to go back at some point and check it out, though.

It's still weird. Keeping your word is more important than what you are doing. Does being consistent satisfy her?

• That doesn't make sense. You can't simply afirm something because you 'feel they did' or 'feel they could've'... Everything was well thought-out, it just wasn't like TWD's linear route. It was pro, complex and mature writing right there. TWD wasn't near as well written (in most ways) as TWAU was, that ain't my, nor nobody who agrees with me's instinct-based "opinion". It's called analisys, you see, critics (those that you ignore) do no more than that. Analisys can fail, as critics do, of course. But at least critical opinion isn't as biased as to disdain a company's staff's work simply because a background character is in almost every scene or because the singularly designed background townpeople in a game isn't as "well done" as the randomized walker herd designed in the other game.

Again, people, let's just think a little bit more before afirming negatively, and with all our certainty, everything about... everything. The seven help us with all that hatred.

My conclusions about TWAU are different and I don't care much what "critics" think. We don't know at what stage game was when they started r

• Everything was rushed esp. last episodes. Plot wasn't well thought-out. A mess.

Episodes were short, if thats what you mean by rushed. But the plot wasn't well thought-out? Please. I replayed the game a little bit more than a month ago and was suprised at all the subtle foreshadowing there was throughout the game. Plot was not a mess and was well written, at least in my opinion.

TWD looked much better while streets of TWAU were empty.

Opinion

Bigby always finds his uniform, even after transformation. Reused ginger guy everywhere

How is this any different than Clementine surviving a shot to the shoulder with no bandages, no medical treatment, no nothing? How is this different than Kenny "magically" surviving the Savannah situations.

I have strong feeling studio worked harder on TWD s2.

I don't know man. I could definitely see them doing that on that last two episodes of both games, but overall I think Telltale wanted Wolf Among Us to be a success and they did great.

My conclusions about TWAU are different and I don't care much what "critics" think. We don't know at what stage game was when they started r

Sign in to comment in this discussion.