TTG screws German BTTF Fans. Missing German audio and wrong localization

edited December 2014 in Back to the Future

After years I tried to reinstall my BTTF Collector's DVD and played it a while with German subtitles and German audio. I came across a part where you can read the sign of a videostore (in your chosen language) which was totally black. A moment later I stumbled across a totally black newspaper. I did not think that this was normal so I changed the language to french and to english and everything went fine. So the German localization seemed to be faulty and I tried to re-download my digital version of the game to check this again. In the digital version the localization worked fine (you could read the sign and newspaper in German) BUT there is no way to listen to the German audio anymore. The voice file simply is missing and since they restructured the site there is no dropdown menu anymore to chose the language (only the OS). So if you did not order the Collector's DVD from BTTF you will never again have the possibility to listen to the German audio of the game even though you once had it in your library and without the correct translation file from the digital version you will not be able to play the game in German as it was intended to be. You can find a short description how you can fix the game if you have the DVD version and the digital version and want to play with German audio:

http://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/comment/1759830/#Comment_1759830

The funny thing is that this only happens if you chose German as language. I don't think it is fair to just delete the German VO from the game even though it was once there when you bought the game. I know that the VO was not very good and sometimes faulty as well but there are German people who depend on the German VO and I am begging Telltale to bring it back to the digital download as well. I know that they cannot fix the Collector's DVD since they do not make them anymore but this is something they should fix or at least give an explanation why they have deleted the German audio from the digital files.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.