If this works out, I'll be more impressed by Telltale. And it might work out.

New annoucement and already a war started, though I understand it. I agree Minecraft is horrible, this is an opinion I'll never change since it's boring and ugly, but y'know, it's Telltale.

As we all know, Minecraft has no story at all. It is a challenge but also Telltale's room to maneuver. They can make a good story (I can't expect them to create a great story from Minecraft but you never know). And I don't really think it will be for Minecraft kiddos, since they will think it's too boring. If Telltale wanted to bring more kids to their fandom, they most probably will fail at that.

This game is a challenge for both Telltale and their fandom, but they CAN make a good game out of that...thing which Minecraft is.

Comments

• edited December 2014

If there's anything I've learned about Telltale, it's that they're versatile writers. I think there's a fair chance it'll work out. Likely a comical game, possibly about players within the game, or maybe something like the Lego Movie (which I haven't seen, nor have I played the game).

Anyhow, whatever they come up with, I think that based on the narrative strengths of their previous games, they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

And certainly, if there's one thing you've got to give Telltale credit for, they don't always go after the easiest IPs (from a story telling perspective).

• It's true, Telltale people like giving themselves hard challenges...and yes, I also thought it might be a comedy.

I actually am excited about this game and I hate Minecraft xD

Rob_K posted: »

If there's anything I've learned about Telltale, it's that they're versatile writers. I think there's a fair chance it'll work out. Likely a

• Minecraft. Prepare for hard moral decisions. Square tears will flow.

• Comedy maybe? :D

Butt-head posted: »

Minecraft. Prepare for hard moral decisions. Square tears will flow.

• I've never played Minecraft myself and don't know much about it other than it's about building. As far as I know, the story's non-existent? Hence why I think it might be about players in the game (with you controlling one of their characters).

Crips posted: »

It's true, Telltale people like giving themselves hard challenges...and yes, I also thought it might be a comedy. I actually am excited about this game and I hate Minecraft xD

• Nope, it doesn't. Which is a bummer actually, because it would be a fairly good game if they added that. And they have many good things to create the story out of like the creatures (End Dragon), places and bioms (Nether, Snow Biom, Swamp Biom, abandoned buildings like pyramids, lost mines and witches huts).

I can see the game ending with the death of End Dragon :P

I've never played Minecraft myself and don't know much about it other than it's about building. As far as I know, the story's non-existent? Hence why I think it might be about players in the game (with you controlling one of their characters).

• That would be like one of Terraria or Block Story's bosses, I assume. Only played those from that genre of game. (Block Story I've barely touched and never got far with Terraria, but know about the bosses present in the game.)

And presumably, given the name, it'd be the end boss. ;)

Nope, it doesn't. Which is a bummer actually, because it would be a fairly good game if they added that. And they have many good things to c

• Yes. End Dragon is the last boss. When you defeat him, your world is being automatically deleted and you won, then you can be proud of yourself. ;)

Oh, it's actually Ender Dragon...Oh well

That would be like one of Terraria or Block Story's bosses, I assume. Only played those from that genre of game. (Block Story I've barely to

• Ender Dragon . . . sounds ominous. I can see a dragon standing over the corpses of many of the brave souls it's ended.

Bit surprised the game ends really with its defeat, given the sandbox nature, but I guess you can import your character into another world.

Yes. End Dragon is the last boss. When you defeat him, your world is being automatically deleted and you won, then you can be proud of yourself. Oh, it's actually Ender Dragon...Oh well

• Yeah, but fighting with Ender Dragon is optional. And if you do wanna fight him, you need to spend a shitload of time to build a portal into his planet and it actually takes plenty of time to kill him. So it's understandable.

Ender Dragon . . . sounds ominous. I can see a dragon standing over the corpses of many of the brave souls it's ended. Bit surprised the

• This seems to be more family friendly game. It's actually good for them to do something for the younger population, but I don't know how they're gonna handle the story :D

• EX-FUCKING-ACTLY

• I agree. While there are so many other IPs I would've been excited to see, pulling this off will prove their writers' brilliance. I'm not hyped for this like I am for the next Borderlands or Game of Thrones episode, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

• I'm really excited for this game. I never liked Minecraft but I am just excited to see how Telltale will do it. The hate its been getting within hours of its announcement is not justified, no matter how people try to.

• edited December 2014

It would be slightly different if we had a bit of info. It's like people have forgotten Telltale's narrative skills and have forgotten they used to make 'fun' games, as in ones with non-serious stories. Though perhaps I shouldn't say that last part, due to Borderlands. But I'm meaning more along the lines of Strong Bad.

Also, in my mind, the IP not having a story means that Telltale have much more freedom.

I'm really excited for this game. I never liked Minecraft but I am just excited to see how Telltale will do it. The hate its been getting within hours of its announcement is not justified, no matter how people try to.

• Exactly. Creating a story from complete 0? It's much simpler. And you can do greater things

It would be slightly different if we had a bit of info. It's like people have forgotten Telltale's narrative skills and have forgotten they

• edited December 2014

Not to mention if our suspicions are right about it being comedy based, they can pretty much do what they want in my mind. :) Get very zany and just focus on providing something fun that we can laugh at, even if the story's non-sensical. Depending on whether our humor matches theirs. I.e. crude or non-crude humor.

Exactly. Creating a story from complete 0? It's much simpler. And you can do greater things

• I'll give it a try even though as many people here I don't understand their choice.

• Have you played the Info Quest II, the little game by Mojang where they explained the project? It was actually a bit funny. It will be a comedy :D

Not to mention if our suspicions are right about it being comedy based, they can pretty much do what they want in my mind. Get very zany an

• Me too, but if it's gonna be good, I'll stop questioning that.

Mary5 posted: »

I'll give it a try even though as many people here I don't understand their choice.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.