Minecraft has no story.............

......... but neither did LEGO's and it still went on to have a really good movie and tons of story driven video games lol

Comments

• edited December 2014

But Telltale are storytellers, the Lego games are more about collecting, building, and fan service, the stories are nothing special. I don't see how Telltale can make an interesting, interactive engaging story with choices with a property that doesn't warrant a story in any fashion. Lego is a toy, you can make stories out of toys.

• edited December 2014

Chris Miller and Phil Lord pulled off making a great movie about legos and they had less lore and story to work with than telltale does.

all Im saying is that doing a good story driven Minecraft game is not impossible

J-Master posted: »

But Telltale are storytellers, the Lego games are more about collecting, building, and fan service, the stories are nothing special. I don't

• We're talking about a game that heavily emphasizes the impact of the choices we make though,unlike the lego games or movie.Unless they plan on doing something entirely different with this game,I find it hard to imagine myself having to make a difficult choice in Minecraft!

TommyW posted: »

Chris Miller and Phil Lord pulled off making a great movie about legos and they had less lore and story to work with than telltale does. all Im saying is that doing a good story driven Minecraft game is not impossible

• Well, it will.... soon.

• edited December 2014

Thread: Minecraft not having a story is a GOOD thing for Telltale

Telltale can literally do WHATEVER they want with this game. They have no boundaries to worry about because there is NO story to speak of. It's called Minecraft: Story Mode for a reason. Telltale are the masters of comedy and while they chose a E rated title E10? T maybe? Who knows I can see this having a lot of potential to be good.

• Seriously, Telltale are not really masters of anything, they are no incapable of screwing up. cough TWD S2 cough.

• edited December 2014

Telltale are the masters of COMEDY

Judging from your Icon I'm assuming you enjoyed Tales from the Borderlands a Comedy series made by Teltale.

J-Master posted: »

Seriously, Telltale are not really masters of anything, they are no incapable of screwing up. cough TWD S2 cough.

• I don't understand why people think it's going to be a comedy.

Telltale are the masters of COMEDY Judging from your Icon I'm assuming you enjoyed Tales from the Borderlands a Comedy series made by Teltale.

• edited December 2014

Minecraft or Borderlands? I can't see a serious story working for a game with Minecraft in the title, as for Borderlands I can see it going for a Guardians of the Galaxy approach in terms of Comedy with some drama splashed in every now and then.

I don't understand why people think it's going to be a comedy.

• Minecraft, I know Borderlands is humor all the way.

Minecraft is a building simulator and has not humor unless fans have to implement it...

Minecraft or Borderlands? I can't see a serious story working for a game with Minecraft in the title, as for Borderlands I can see it going for a Guardians of the Galaxy approach in terms of Comedy with some drama splashed in every now and then.

• And I'm also not saying they're always bad, but Telltale aren't not the best comedy writers, that's just overrating, they CAN write good comedy, but comedy is subjective, Telltale are about as flawed as any other developer.

Telltale are the masters of COMEDY Judging from your Icon I'm assuming you enjoyed Tales from the Borderlands a Comedy series made by Teltale.

• Well who knows Nobody at the moment all we have to go by is a teeny tiny FAQ and a title card. It can be good or bad but as a supporter of Telltale I'm hopeful to say the least. I don't even like Minecraft, but the world it's set in could be pretty neat to see expand. I rather be positive than negative because no matter how much you hate it, It's not going away.

Minecraft, I know Borderlands is humor all the way. Minecraft is a building simulator and has not humor unless fans have to implement it...

• I hope you realize that this won't expand the world in any way...You know that right? It's just an adventure or something...Something modders and stuff on the actual game already do...All Telltale is doing is adding a timer and dialogue.

Well who knows Nobody at the moment all we have to go by is a teeny tiny FAQ and a title card. It can be good or bad but as a supporter of T

• your absolutely right! I fucked up the wording on that so that's my bad. What I mean't to say was....they could make the world more engaging by giving life to new characters for the player to care about. A perfect example to what I'm talking about is with another series Telltale did based on the homestar runner series called "Strong Bad Cool Games for Attractive People. Strong bad has absolutely no story but characters. Minecraft: Story mode lacks this problem at the moment but If they can create an engaging cast we'll most likely have something very similar to that of Strong Bad. A fun quirky adventure game.

I hope you realize that this won't expand the world in any way...You know that right? It's just an adventure or something...Something modders and stuff on the actual game already do...All Telltale is doing is adding a timer and dialogue.

• Doubt it, i'm not getting it either way but I'm tired of hating on it... just want to forget this exists.

your absolutely right! I fucked up the wording on that so that's my bad. What I mean't to say was....they could make the world more engaging

• edited December 2014

Fair enough. It's better to ignore something then hate it, and who knows it could be something you're interested in the future. It's still LONG way away most likely so just forget it exists for a while and if something pops up A trailer maybe give it a watch and see if you like it not. If you don't FAIR ENOUGH.

Alt text

Doubt it, i'm not getting it either way but I'm tired of hating on it... just want to forget this exists.

• Thread: Story?

Hey so I was wondering what exactly is going to happen. Will it just be a big role play world?

• I'm starting to think this whole thing is just a joke. I mean, they announced GoT and it was months before it got it's own forum section.

• I really hope.

I'm starting to think this whole thing is just a joke. I mean, they announced GoT and it was months before it got it's own forum section.

• In Telltale HQ...Everyone gathers around a flat screen TV hooked up to a computer and they watch as the fans rage at the thought of this shit game...

Poogers555 posted: »

I really wonder what TellTale thinks of the receiving that its getting...

• If it's real, they can't see all these posts through the sea of money they're having to swim though.

• I really wonder what TellTale thinks of the receiving that its getting...

I really hope.

• Well this is Minecraft and there's really no story-line to work with here but the'll probably make something up, Could be like the Lego Movie, idk...

• Probably the same thing they think every time they announce a new game, cause this literally happens every time they announce a new game.

• This is worse Green...You all keep saying that it's like all the time but it's not...Usually it's just a few but it's the majority now.

Green613 posted: »

Probably the same thing they think every time they announce a new game, cause this literally happens every time they announce a new game.

• You all keep saying that it's like all the time but it's not

That's the biggest lie I've heard all day Golden, it is the same thing that happens every time. It's the majority now and it was back then.

This is worse Green...You all keep saying that it's like all the time but it's not...Usually it's just a few but it's the majority now.

• It's not the majority, it wasn't for Tales and I'm pretty sure it wasn't for Wolf (I wasn't really around then so I can't say for certain.). I'm tired of people saying this is good idea because we're just childish because we hate this horrible idea! It's the majority this time and it isn't most of the time.

You all keep saying that it's like all the time but it's not That's the biggest lie I've heard all day Golden, it is the same thing that happens every time. It's the majority now and it was back then.

• edited December 2014

You know.....if I end up liking the first episode of Minecraft Story Mode...I will still say this entire project is pointless, lame, and downright stupid.

You all keep saying that it's like all the time but it's not That's the biggest lie I've heard all day Golden, it is the same thing that happens every time. It's the majority now and it was back then.

• No it was for Tales, and from what I remember TWAU. I don't think GoT got so much hate though. I find it kind of silly. What other developer are people going to give so much shit for making a game that they just announced? Seems like a lot of the TTG fans expect every single release to be EXACTLY what they want it to be. Would I like TT to make a game based on The Thing? OFFUCKINGCOURSE! But I'm not going to bitch and moan about it every time that they don't.

It's not the majority, it wasn't for Tales and I'm pretty sure it wasn't for Wolf (I wasn't really around then so I can't say for certain.).

• This damn game is horrible, it could be any other fucking thing I would love it and support it...Almost any other thing. The thing is that this has NO story to be based on...And don't give me that creative freedom crap... It's bad, it's going to be as good as what CaptainSparklez's music videos look like but without good music. It has no characters we will know and just think the ending doesn't matter because it won't move on into any other story!

This is my first time complaining about a Telltale game and for good damn reasons!

No it was for Tales, and from what I remember TWAU. I don't think GoT got so much hate though. I find it kind of silly. What other develo

• This damn game is horrible

Yet you haven't even played it yet. You're being seriously unreasonable here Golden, you're just hating on it for the sake of hating on it, we literally have jackshit on the game yet you say it's damn horrible.

This damn game is horrible, it could be any other fucking thing I would love it and support it...Almost any other thing. The thing is that t

• Well you're still complaining about a developer that has been making great games for a long time. They simply ANNOUNCE a game that offends you and you get all upset. Every company is entitled to a cash grab now and then, welcome to capitalism.

This damn game is horrible, it could be any other fucking thing I would love it and support it...Almost any other thing. The thing is that t

• We have the knowledge it's Minecraft...I'm tired of repeating myself...HAS NOTHING OF VALUE TO MAKE A STORY! I'm hating on the idea and therefore the game, there is a damn reason to and I'm tired of people defending this for no reason other than "Wait till we get proof it's bad".

This damn game is horrible Yet you haven't even played it yet. You're being seriously unreasonable here Golden, you're just hating on it for the sake of hating on it, we literally have jackshit on the game yet you say it's damn horrible.

• TWD S2 wasn't much of a great game.

Well you're still complaining about a developer that has been making great games for a long time. They simply ANNOUNCE a game that offends you and you get all upset. Every company is entitled to a cash grab now and then, welcome to capitalism.

• Compare TWD show with the game, are they the similar? No. Compare Fables to TWAU, are they similar? No. Compare Borderlands 2 with TFTBL, are they similar? No. See the pattern? No, you probably don't.

We have the knowledge it's Minecraft...I'm tired of repeating myself...HAS NOTHING OF VALUE TO MAKE A STORY! I'm hating on the idea and ther

• Entitled? To make a bad game for little children which will bring them to our community?

No. This is stupid, it doesn't "Offend" me, it's stupid. Companies should make good games, why the hell does TT need a cash grab? They have two well known series going right now and MC will only waste resources and time.

Well you're still complaining about a developer that has been making great games for a long time. They simply ANNOUNCE a game that offends you and you get all upset. Every company is entitled to a cash grab now and then, welcome to capitalism.

• I don't think the game is going to be "horrible" I think its a waste of time. I'd rather have a different title than Minecraft, feels very silly to me.

This damn game is horrible Yet you haven't even played it yet. You're being seriously unreasonable here Golden, you're just hating on it for the sake of hating on it, we literally have jackshit on the game yet you say it's damn horrible.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.