The thing that surprises me the most is how Telltale isn't even given the benefit of the doubt

edited December 2014 in Minecraft: Story Mode

You would think that after all the success Telltale has had recently that they would have earned the trust of their so called fans but I guess not lol

look there is nothing wrong with hating the idea of a telltale Minecraft game but at least wait for a trailer or more info before before declaring it the worst thing ever

and at least have a little "Faith"

Comments

• When you go for a cash grab like Minecraft you're aiming for a BIGGER NEW audience, not the already established Telltale fans. So they barely give a fuck about what we think.

• look there is nothing wrong with hating the of idea of a telltale Minecraft game

Exactly

And believe me I'm keeping an open mind, However I was 100% for pretty much all for every other series they've done including for example borderlands which I havnt touched as the world doesnt interest me however I understand the potential etc. but.... this..... Its basing a story based game in a world with no lore or story

• edited December 2014

you're aiming for a BIGGER NEW audience

The audience they're aiming is one of the worst fanbase's in existence and you're right about them not giving a fuck what we think.

When you go for a cash grab like Minecraft you're aiming for a BIGGER NEW audience, not the already established Telltale fans. So they barely give a fuck about what we think.

• i have already said it more than once and i will say it again minecraft is the worst choice for them anything else would have been better than this it is nothing but a cash grab and a big fuck you to fans

• edited December 2014

Stacheifie them jewfreeus, its what u are good at ;)

Jewfreeus posted: »

i have already said it more than once and i will say it again minecraft is the worst choice for them anything else would have been better than this it is nothing but a cash grab and a big fuck you to fans

• well i would call it speaking for the majority

TommyW posted: »

"a big fuck you to fans" speak for yourself telltale making a minecraft game doesn't offend or hurt me at all

• Tommy, how many threads have you made? I swear you've made more than one.

• edited December 2014

"a big fuck you to fans"

speak for yourself telltale making a minecraft game doesn't offend or hurt me at all

i have already said it more than once and i will say it again minecraft is the worst choice for them anything else would have been better than this it is nothing but a cash grab and a big fuck you to fans

• comment disappeared so yea

i would call it speaking for the majority

"a big fuck you to fans" speak for yourself telltale making a minecraft game doesn't offend or hurt me at all

• Well, I wasn't really thrilled with how TWD S2 turned out, that kind of lowered the bar a little bit.

• edited December 2014

tons of people have made more than one

i didn't know there was a law against that lol

but don't worry this was my last post on here I want be anywhere near the Minecraft thread until the game is close to release and even than I probably want come back to the minecraft section

Drbg posted: »

Tommy, how many threads have you made? I swear you've made more than one.

• Alt text

Yup

comment disappeared so yea i would call it speaking for the majority

• Or, alternatively, you're being entitled by acting pissed over TT's artistic choice and freedom by claiming that they're screwing their fans and should abandon their vision and pander to some selfish, disrepectful fans?

I agree it's a stupid choice for them, but in my opinion they shouldn't feel pressured or controlled by the players. Many people are critical of how publishers control game devs - me included. So I'm holding myself to the same standard and letting them do whatever they want. If I don't like their choice, I will not buy their game. A win-win for everyone.

• The problem is, people are worried that Minecraft might get in the way of other games and that's not good at all.

Giraffehat posted: »

Or, alternatively, you're being entitled by acting pissed over TT's artistic choice and freedom by claiming that they're screwing their fans

• True. It's an understandable concern. I get that mindset, and I could probably argue against myself if I wanted, but I don't want to feel like a dictator who's actively trying to control TT. I personally despise being given orders and feeling like I don't have any choice. It just feels wrong to act like that.

J-Master posted: »

The problem is, people are worried that Minecraft might get in the way of other games and that's not good at all.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2014

It's just one series, that won't even start production until the current series are over. That's the way Telltale's game series have always worked since they started having multiple series going at once with CSI and Sam & Max back in 2006. CSI didn't hurt the quality of Sam & Max, likewise Sam & Max didn't hurt the quality of Strong Bad, Strong Bad didn't hurt the quality of Wallace & Gromit, Wallace & Gromit didn't hurt the quality of Tales of Monkey Island, and more recently The Walking Dead didn't hurt the quality of The Wolf Among Us, and Game of Thrones isn't going to hurt the quality of Tales from the Borderlands.

Telltale picks up franchises that they enjoy and think they can make an interesting story from. Some of their choices are stranger than others (a lot of people didn't see how they could make a story from Tales from the Borderlands, but they managed to make a pretty good one so far). And not every series is for everyone (a lot of people didn't like CSI or Jurassic Park). The best thing to do is wait to see what it's like before you pass judgement, as it might surprise you (Tales from the Borderlands certainly surprised me). Then, if you don't like it, just wait for the next series.

The problem is, people are worried that Minecraft might get in the way of other games and that's not good at all.

• if it really gets in the way of Tale's development and hinders that game's quality, I'm going to be really upset. Minecraft is so pointless, has nothing to it in any fashion, and Telltale are wasting their time, this decision doesn't make any sense.

Jennifer posted: »

It's just one series, that won't even start production until the current series are over. That's the way Telltale's game series have always

• if it really gets in the way of Tale's development and hinders that game's quality,

She literally just explained how it wouldn't though :P

if it really gets in the way of Tale's development and hinders that game's quality, I'm going to be really upset. Minecraft is so pointless, has nothing to it in any fashion, and Telltale are wasting their time, this decision doesn't make any sense.

• edited December 2014

LMFAO This news is hilarious.

It's clear as fuck this is a CASH-GRAB. There's no way this isn't.

"oh yeah lets make a story about minecraft because we want to explore that shit but not because we want money oh noooo"

Fucking wow. I used to think Telltale really didn't do these series for cash-grabs, but now they've stepped over the line. Walking Dead, I was like "um, ok. I'll see how this turns out"

with Game of Thrones, "cool, telltale's going big."

with Borderlands, "wait, wut? r u serious? telltale you're going a bit too far."

NOW MINECRAFT!?! Good god. Well, looks like Telltale's going down the shitter. Oh wait, they won't because they keep doing cash-grabs! Wonderful!

What's next?
    Flappy Bird: A TellTale Games Series!?

• She's not a fact machine, I don't think Telltale is incapable of screwing up.

Green613 posted: »

if it really gets in the way of Tale's development and hinders that game's quality, She literally just explained how it wouldn't though :P

• they barely give a fuck about what we think.

See The Walking Dead Game Season 2 for example.

When you go for a cash grab like Minecraft you're aiming for a BIGGER NEW audience, not the already established Telltale fans. So they barely give a fuck about what we think.

• That was rather sassy ;). I was just curious because I wasn't sure.

tons of people have made more than one i didn't know there was a law against that lol but don't worry this was my last post on here I

• Your way to right, this is clearly a cash grab i'm sorry, they wouldn't have done this if Minecraft wasn't as popular, it's a simple as that, what's next? Frozen: A Telltale Game Series? Seeing how that is popular why not? Which honestly that still sounds far better then Minecraft, at least Frozen has a world WITH characters, it DOES have lore, it DOES have a story, Minecraft has none of the above!

TinyCarlos posted: »

LMFAO This news is hilarious. It's clear as fuck this is a CASH-GRAB. There's no way this isn't. "oh yeah lets make a story about mine

• To be honest i love minecraft and the walking dead so this is a good thing to my perspective but not all minecraft players are mature which scares me

Sign in to comment in this discussion.