How the hell is this going to work?

edited December 2014 in Minecraft: Story Mode

This is all bullshit to be honest, I'm really just....miserable right now. Fucking Minecraft, of all the damn properties in the media, and they pick an online game all about building blocks and houses and it doesn't even have a lore, just...ugh.

How the hell is this going to work for Telltale? And I'm not going to be one of those folks who thinks that everything Telltale touches is masterful, it doesn't work that way.

I mean, if this is going to be a light adventure, will it have an engaging story with characters we'll care about and laugh with? Or is it just going to be a boring, strange mess of terrible jokes and a lame story.

if it's going to be serious, then how is the infamous blocky style going to compliment that?

I just don't see an investing or engaging story being made in this property, and Telltale are always about appealing to the fans of the respected franchise, so does that also mean the the characters are going to be one-note and not anything special and not even talk? What riveting decisions are there going to be in this nothing world....I don't know...guys, I don't want Telltale to have another disaster on their hands.

Comments

• We really don't know anything about it. I agree that it doesn't sound promising, but I think we should reserve judgement until we know more.

And I think that Telltale is going to try to make this into some kind of adventure in the Minecraft world, with elements of building and mining (that's what they do in the game, right?) Who knows, they might actually pull it off.

• Kartal5Kartal5 Banned
    edited December 2014

Out of all the great story driven games out there they chose to go with minecraft... Fucking MINECRAFT!!

Alt text

• edited December 2014

People didn't have to much hope on TWD, TWAU or TftB either, let's hope that TT knows how to make this a good game.

• edited December 2014

it will work like it always has

minecraft is nothing more than a setting that telltale will use to create tons new characters and the game will succeed or fail based on those characters and their stories

if the game can nail the humor and have a good lead character than maybe this can work

This discussion has been closed.