Telltale picking the Minecraft franchise was a smart and clever move lol

edited December 2014 in Minecraft: Story Mode

The jury is still out on rather or not this game will be any good or not but financially this was a good move on telltale's part and here are some of the main reasons why .

1. Since the graphics in Minecraft aren't that great telltale wont have to spend tons of money and resources making it lol
  2. The episodes could potentially come out way quicker than normal telltale episodes since I doubt these will take nearly as long to make.
  3. I can see this having tons of support from YouTube lets players even if big you tube stars don't play it.
  4. If Telltale market's this right i could potentially become one of their biggest franchises and also the most cheapest game they ever made lol
  5. last but not least kids are crazy for Minecraft and if this game is any good telltale could benefit from that

Comments

• edited December 2014

Apparently I have no sense of sarcasm.

• Every time I see a "lol" at the end of a thread title I know it's you that posted it. :P

• edited December 2014

well this time the lol was justified

since it means telltale could potential be "lol" all the way to the bank

Green613 posted: »

Every time I see a "lol" at the end of a thread title I know it's you that posted it. :P

• Do you always write 'lol' at the end of your thread titles?

• edited December 2014

mostly just on the Minecraft thread since half the post on here are a big joke anyways

oh I almost forgot "lol"

Do you always write 'lol' at the end of your thread titles?

• I actually agree with you. It will bring in a lot of money and new gamers that have probably never heard of Telltale before, so of course they're going to do it. I'm just still a little dumbfounded by the whole thing.

• It will probably bring in a lot of money and I think people are judging it a little too quickly but people have their own opinions and I can see why they're pissed about this, Telltale is already doing a lot and they don't want the games they like being delayed because Telltale is deciding to do some other stuff, But I think people are being too critical too soon.

• edited December 2014

The episodes could potentially come out way quicker than normal telltale episodes since I doubt these will take nearly as long to make

Thats the only Pro I can think of so it will be over fast

• i love minecraft so this happening is many pros in my book

• edited December 2014

Well I did it once here, actually.

Green613 posted: »

Every time I see a "lol" at the end of a thread title I know it's you that posted it. :P

• Telltale be like: Fans are waiting for a Breaking Bad game. We'll give them Minecraft instead!
    When the news release Telltale is like:
    Alt text

• Since the graphics in Minecraft aren't that great telltale wont have to spend tons of money and resources making it lol

In the "Info Quest 2" release thing, choosing one of the options will cause the mojangsta to say this:

"Apart from Borderlands 2, The Stanley Parable, a bunch of cool indie games, and all the illegal games, people don't get used to our assets. Telltale Games are an exception. This thing won't look exactly like Minecraft, but it will feel authentic in its own special way. Keen crafters won't be disappointed."

So it won't look exactly like Minecraft, so it could take longer than most people think.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.