People need to realize this game IS NOT MINECRAFT...

...Its just Minecraft themed. I disliked The Borderlands games and didn't play any except for the second game, and I found it boring. But Tales from the Borderlands..My god was that great. People are saying this game is going to suck, its going to fail etc.. but remember when people lost their shit when Tales from the Borderlands was announced.

All i'm saying is give them a chance, if it sucks then hate on it all you want. But as long as you don't know anything about it, just leave it.

Comments

• Why even bother with this shit? Minecraft doesn't need a damn story!

• MINECRAFT DOESN'T NEED A STORY!

Seriously, people are thinking this is good for dumb reasons. This is probably the worst...It's a good idea because it's Minecraft themed?

• I was also sceptical with Borderlands (and loved it too) but I don't think you can compare Borderlands (its funny but still for mature audiences only) with Minecraft (mostly for kids)
    its a different kind of situation

• To the people who are saying Minecraft doesn't need a story... that is an irrelevant argument. Every day people across the world get things they don't need.

• edited December 2014

Minecraft didn't ask for one and that's not really its appeal, Borderlands at least had a fun world and wacky characters. Minecraft has none of that.

To the people who are saying Minecraft doesn't need a story... that is an irrelevant argument. Every day people across the world get things they don't need.

• It will soon.

J-Master posted: »

Minecraft didn't ask for one and that's not really its appeal, Borderlands at least had a fun world and wacky characters. Minecraft has none of that.

• I will stay, that was fucking funny.

Jere85 posted: »

This.

• Thank you :). I couldnt resist making a thread about it also :P

I will stay, that was fucking funny.

• Oh how exciting building blocks could be, no engaging story in any fashion. Telltale are flawed and are far from being the absolute greatest writers in the industry.

It will soon.

• If the game isn't Minecraft, but Minecraft themed.. Then why is it Minecraft? When it is Minecraft, but it's not Minecraft at the same time...?

Logic

• Good one xD

Jere85 posted: »

This.

• The only reason i can see is that Minecraft has the biggest following... aka Motherf**king Money! /humms

javoris767 posted: »

If the game isn't Minecraft, but Minecraft themed.. Then why is it Minecraft? When it is Minecraft, but it's not Minecraft at the same time...? Logic

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited December 2014

You're right. I was not exicited at first but now who knows - maybe it won't be bad. People are complaining about Minecraft kids flooding the forum. I doubt it will happen. It won't be true Minecraft for them. Maybe it won't be even game for kids. So don't behave like brats, don't insult TTG and wait for more info!

• the logic here is so real it isnt minecraft but it is minecraft themed it is still minecraft and telltale are wasting resources on a game that has zero story or lore

• edited December 2014

Well when I saw this game announced I was like "Um, Minecraft? Seriously?" How can you make a story out of a game thats about building things?

• You all are talking about minecraft not needing a story- guys minecraft doesn't need limited options! Minecraft is about the player doing whatever they want to do. Telltale can never achieve that kind of freedom in their linear narratives.

The lego movie and games prove you can take building toys and put a great story in it and make it enjoyable. But I don't think Minecraft will work as a telltale game solely because the greatest parts of minecraft will be lost. And minecraft lacks a lot of substance so without those elements... it's just a ugly world.

It's like a telltale portal game- it could have an amazing story and great adventure but if I don't get to shoot a portal gun and puzzle solve I'm not going be satisfied with the game.

• I never claimed they were.

Oh how exciting building blocks could be, no engaging story in any fashion. Telltale are flawed and are far from being the absolute greatest writers in the industry.

• DONT COMPARE MINECRAFT WITH BORDERLAND!!! LIKE EVER!

people are mad because minecraft has NO depth, NO lore, NO NOTHING! borderlands was a shooter game with so much depth and memorable characters! so dont ever compare the two! being a borderland fan this comparison makes me mad as hell.

• Canvas is ready, dude. TTG will use special brush called "imagination".

Well when I saw this game announced I was like "Um, Minecraft? Seriously?" How can you make a story out of a game thats about building things?

• Yeah! It'd be like a Borderlands game without the shooting and looting! Who would play that?

jokerofish posted: »

You all are talking about minecraft not needing a story- guys minecraft doesn't need limited options! Minecraft is about the player doing w

• mostly for kids? most little kids who i've seen play just build dirt houses and are too scared to go mining.

Journey95 posted: »

I was also sceptical with Borderlands (and loved it too) but I don't think you can compare Borderlands (its funny but still for mature audiences only) with Minecraft (mostly for kids) its a different kind of situation

• Minecraft is actually quite fun, playing with friends is great, it's kinda like making up your own story. building, finding resources, trying to avoid or kill monsters, that barrier of trust you have to build with people on multiplayer servers, and whenever I go on a long quest to find a specific item it feels a story to me.

Oh and you can't forget the Nether and the End, those two have great story potential.

Oh how exciting building blocks could be, no engaging story in any fashion. Telltale are flawed and are far from being the absolute greatest writers in the industry.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.