Adding your custom skins

Hello telltale/reader i would like the game to add a customization feature to the main protagonist. It would be like at the start of the game it would ask
Would you like to ad your personal skin into the game? and if you click yes you import it and then it would take you to a screen that you drag and drop a square to the mouth and eyes so that when your guy talks it talks normally.

Hope you take this into consideraton Telltale -XXsolarfoxXX

Comments

• I think this would be a really cool feature as large part of the minecraft community involves modding.

I think whether this would work or not depends a large amount on what kind of story TTG wants to tell. It would be neat to see my custom character though.

• I think this is stupid, if they are going to give us a character to like then we should not be able to mess with their appearerance. I understand the community that wants to see thier character would want this but in the narrative sense then it doesn't make sense.

• It's possible it could work if you're a player in control of an 'avatar', but I'm not sure how it'd work from an animation standpoint and such with the game being narrative based and, as an assumption, very similar to Telltale's more recent titles.

In other words, I don't know how it'd work with cutscenes and such.

I think this is stupid, if they are going to give us a character to like then we should not be able to mess with their appearerance. I under

• I just think it shouldn't be done...I'm willing to at least listen to the idea of this game no matter how much I hate the idea after my breakdown yesterday but this is a dumb thing to do on a narrative standpoint. There would be no point to add this feature other than make people feel better..I think they should give us a good character (Physically and Mentally) and not allow us to mess with the narrative.

Rob_K posted: »

It's possible it could work if you're a player in control of an 'avatar', but I'm not sure how it'd work from an animation standpoint and su

• edited December 2014

Depends really. From a narrative standpoint, if you're actually a 'player', they'd need to create their character at some point as I assume that's present in Minecraft. In which case, Telltale has two options if they start us at the beginning of a 'players'' journey: 1) Don't bother with the character creation, which I believe is likely (or if they do feature it, have it automated so there's no customisation). 2) Let the player control it.

Ultimately, it all depends on the narrative and whether we'll play a 'player', but I'm actually in agreement with you anyway. I don't think it'll work, though I'm looking at it from more of a technical standpoint.

That said, I'm in full agreement, whether skin customisation is possible, that personality should be set. It's pretty much the only way to do a narrative based game anyway.

I just think it shouldn't be done...I'm willing to at least listen to the idea of this game no matter how much I hate the idea after my brea

• Well, first off, MineCraft has a defualt skin called Steve (Which they've already said isn't going to be included) or you can create your own.

I figure that if I'm even going to attempt like this we need to have a defualt stationary character...We shouldn't create our own. Glad we agree, friend!

Depends really. From a narrative standpoint, if you're actually a 'player', they'd need to create their character at some point as I assume

• Fine. thanks for messing my dreams up..

Well, first off, MineCraft has a defualt skin called Steve (Which they've already said isn't going to be included) or you can create your ow

• No problem , have a good day.

Fine. thanks for messing my dreams up..

• edited December 2014

Didn't mean to do that. It's possible it could work from a narrative standpoint, because narrative will be important for this game (well, important is maybe not the right word, but people know what I mean, I hope). But I just don't see how it can work from a technical point of view when it comes to cutscenes and such.

I'm happy for it to be proven otherwise, if people know it's quite doable.

Fine. thanks for messing my dreams up..

• [removed]

Didn't mean to do that. It's possible it could work from a narrative standpoint, because narrative will be important for this game (well, im

• I wasn't really apologising. It's more that I'm trying to make the person feel welcome.

• Alright.

I wasn't really apologising. It's more that I'm trying to make the person feel welcome.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.