The Episode Titles

edited December 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Does it not bother anyone else that the Game of Thrones episodes aren't consistent. With The Walking Dead, each episode title was 3 words and for The Wolf Among Us they weren't all 3 words but the titles sounded right. For Game of Thrones though, the titles feel disjointed and awkward.

The Walking Dead:

A New Day

Starved For Help

Long Road Ahead

Around Every Corner

No Time Left

All That Remains

A House Divided

In Harm's Way

Amid The Ruins

No Going Back

The Wolf Among Us:

Faith

Smoke and Mirrors

A Crooked Mile

In Sheep's Clothing

Cry Wolf

Game Of Thrones:

Iron From Ice

The Lost Lords

The Sword in the Darkness

Sons of Winter

A Nest of Vipers

The Ice Dragon

UGG! I don't understand why but the GoT episode titles feel so disjointed compared to The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us titles. Does anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• I do not feel that way.

• edited December 2014

Honestly, these are my favorite titles out of any Telltale game so far, the 3 word thing doesn't bother me at all :P

• Tecnically its "Special 400 Day's" or "The 400 Day's" so technically it still counts

prink34320 posted: »

400 Days.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2014

The three word titles of the walking dead are based on the same three-word scheme the comic uses

• I don't really care about this 3 words thing. I like ''Faith''.

• I really like the GoTs titles. I just thought they were cool xD

• They sound fine. They even sound like titles of regular GoT episodes.

• No it's only titled 400 Days on the game, besides 400 is a number not a word so it still doesn't balance and if used in text format in the case you say by adding the or special, then it would be 4 letters also making it unbalanced.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Tecnically its "Special 400 Day's" or "The 400 Day's" so technically it still counts

• Point taken then

prink34320 posted: »

No it's only titled 400 Days on the game, besides 400 is a number not a word so it still doesn't balance and if used in text format in the case you say by adding the or special, then it would be 4 letters also making it unbalanced.

• I see where you're coming from, but I like how they sound all poetic and double-meaningy, like how ASOIAF/GOT titles are supposed to be.

• They sound perfect, as they are meant to be.

~The northerners will never forget!

• What about Tales?

• I think "A Little Faith" would have been a better title.

TheCatWolf posted: »

I don't really care about this 3 words thing. I like ''Faith''.

• Faith alone makes allot more sense as she is the one who starts it all.

I think "A Little Faith" would have been a better title.

• edited December 2014

Yes. The quotes are epic too. Like Daenerys "They can live in my new world or die in their old one", it leaves me speechlessly in love for her character all over again. Like as if she's finally... what I expected of her. With a single quote. Martin you adorable writer.

Mirage_ posted: »

They sound perfect, as they are meant to be. ~The northerners will never forget!

• This doesn't bother me, as long as the episode titles make sense to the themes of the series it doesn't really matter.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.