Enhcancing environments: Bloom filter?

I love the visual style that you guys (Telltale) have implemented for Tales of Monkey Island, but I was wondering if the appearance of the environments (for example, the ones seen in Gamespot's videos) are still being tweaked? Have you considered using a bloom filter (any any other full-screen filters) to enhance the lighting and "warmth"s?

Judging from the videos/screenshots, this is the one area that might be slightly improved to better recreate the feeling of the first three MI games. At the moment, despite really liking the character and environmental designs, I still get a hint of the unfortunate sterility of EMI's pre-rendered backgrounds. This isn't due to problems with the textures or models (both of which seem to fit the Monkey Island style fantastically) so much as to do with the excessively crisp polygons and straight edges.

I believe that implementing some sort of full-screen filters to give a bit of "glow" and "softness" to the overall look would really add a nice finishing touch.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    They've said that effects and lighting are still being tweaked, that the footage shown was not final
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    They've said that effects and lighting are still being tweaked, that the footage shown was not final

Yes, so I've heard. however, I think that it'd be interesting to know more about what enhancements they have yet to make. I have no doubt that they will try to avoid making the same mistakes that blighted EMI's visuals, and I'm curious about what steps they will take to avoid doing so.

But let me make it clear again, I really like what I've seen so far of the appearance of Tales of Monkey Island.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.