Planned since August?

So, I was bored and I decided to google "Info Quest 1" (Because I wanted to see what Info Quest 1 was) but there was only stuff about Info Quest 2. Then I set it so i would only show results from before December 10th, and geuss what shows up? The link to the Telltale Games Minecraft Story Mode page. And geuss what date it had? August 29 2014. This game has been planned for almost 4 months! This could mean a whole bunch of things. First of all, Mojang & Telltale started working on this before the Microsoft purchase. This also means that development into the came could be pretty far. So, thoughts? Alt text

Comments

• Of course they started before these things don't just happen overnight :P

• Writing takes a LONG time, even if it was in August i wouldnt expect Minecraft The story to come out until mid 2015.

I predict Theyll work back to back with TWDS3 and MC, so one month theyll release MC, next month theyll release TWD: S3 (unless MC doesnt have episodes)

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2014

Yeah. It's been confirmed by Telltale that they have things in the prototype stage to pitch to companies long before anything is ever announced, and definitely long before the game is finished and released. There's stuff that we'll never see (Telltale wanted to do a Scott Pilgrim game that was confirmed to have been turned down, prior to the release of The Walking Dead, for instance) as well as stuff that we'll be seeing in the upcoming years.

The Walking Dead was confirmed to have started off as their Pilot Program Zombie Prototype before they pitched it to Robert Kirkman.

Green613 posted: »

Of course they started before these things don't just happen overnight :P

• They have confirmed that MC has episodes. Just remember that if they do release it back to back, it won't always be back to back, it's just whichever team finishes first.

Carley123 posted: »

Writing takes a LONG time, even if it was in August i wouldnt expect Minecraft The story to come out until mid 2015. I predict Theyll wor

• Telltale wanted to do a Scott Pilgrim game

That would have been amazing.

Jennifer posted: »

Yeah. It's been confirmed by Telltale that they have things in the prototype stage to pitch to companies long before anything is ever annou

• edited December 2014

I bet whoever turned it down were pretty pissed at themselves after the success of TWD

Telltale wanted to do a Scott Pilgrim game That would have been amazing.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

Actually, it seems much earlier than that even! Note the date that this tweet was made:

Alt text

• I recall offhandedly hearing somewhere (maybe it was in that Dan Connors thread after Jurassic Park) that they at one point also considered a Gorillaz game... and people say a game from Minecraft was far out there. :p

Jennifer posted: »

Yeah. It's been confirmed by Telltale that they have things in the prototype stage to pitch to companies long before anything is ever annou

• edited December 2014

ignore this comment

Green613 posted: »

Of course they started before these things don't just happen overnight :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.