Is Gavin Hammon going to have a role in GoT?

edited December 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Out of all Telltale's recurring VA's, Gavin is one of my faves. After portraying the most famous/infamous redneck character in video game history, it'd be cool to see if he could pull off a convincing European accent.

Comments

• edited December 2014

I wanna know what a "European accent" is.

• edited December 2014

That's my attempt at a polite all-encompassing term for anything that sounds British, Scottish, or Irish.

Lingvort posted: »

I wanna know what a "European accent" is.

• Even though they all sound differently. But, I see your point.

That's my attempt at a polite all-encompassing term for anything that sounds British, Scottish, or Irish.

• He said he was planning on auditioning for the game, but that's all he said o:

• .....British accents contain English ,Scottish, Irish and Welsh accents.

Where I live, in England, when we say European we mean mainland europe. I think most people meant the same generally.

But yeah, 'British' is already an all-encompasing term for those.

• I sure hope so.

• I'm hoping Adam Harrington has a role. He has an awesome tough guy voice.

• I sure hope he has a role in it.

• edited December 2014

I don't get why people specifically hope he has a role in it. Like I'm a massive fan of Erin Yvette, but I don't specifically hope she has a role in Minecraft or this or whatever.

I mean yeah, he's talented, but so are lots of voice actors, and I don't see how freshness is a bad thing. It's certainly a good thing for the industry for studios to use new talent.

• Dude, don't take this the wrong way...but this doesn't have anything to do with your attitude towards Kenny in season 2, does it?

Flog61 posted: »

I don't get why people specifically hope he has a role in it. Like I'm a massive fan of Erin Yvette, but I don't specifically hope she has a

• edited December 2014

It's like you said, he's talented. He's also a recurring face in Telltale, so him showing up in GoT would be cool to see as well.

I don't get why people specifically hope he has a role in it. Like I'm a massive fan of Erin Yvette, but I don't specifically hope she has a

• Praise be with Gavin.

• It probably does. I was gonna say that but to avoid an argument I didn't. Anyway, since you have - his reasoning is probably because he hates Kenny.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way...but this doesn't have anything to do with your attitude towards Kenny in season 2, does it?

• ..I mentioned that I wouldn't specifically want Erin Yvette the voice of Molly, Bonnie, Sasha and Snow, some of my favourite characters, to voice someone in GoT, but when I say I have the same mentality towards Kenny's VA it's because iI don't like the character?

Erm, ok.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way...but this doesn't have anything to do with your attitude towards Kenny in season 2, does it?

• edited December 2014

But I just said why recurring faces aren't necessarily a good thing.

And lots of VAs are talented.

It's like you said, he's talented. He's also a recurring face in Telltale, so him showing up in GoT would be cool to see as well.

• edited December 2014

So you think my reasoning for not wanting Erin Yvette to voice someone in GoT is because I hate Molly, Bonnie, Snow and Sasha as well?

Because I like all of them. And I don't specifically want her to voice someone in GoT, as stated right after saying I don't get why people want gavin to.

Jeez, it feels like people try to read dislike of kenny into literally everything I say. I think Gavin is a wonderful voice actor. I even messaged him on ask.fm to tell him that while I dislike the character, he voices him very well.

So lay off, please, and don't be prejudiced.

It probably does. I was gonna say that but to avoid an argument I didn't. Anyway, since you have - his reasoning is probably because he hates Kenny.

• I think it be weird to hear Kenny's voice is GoT....but it be really funny. I can already picture drinking mead at a bar.

• "European accent."

Someone is clearly American.

British accents are English, Scottish, Northern Irish and Welsh...

• edited December 2014

To be honest, I doubt he will. They appear to be going with British actors and probably using a British casting agency (HBO probably helped with this and insisted upon it).

I would bet my bottom dollar he will appear in Minecraft, though.

• Direwolves. :)

I'm hoping Adam Harrington has a role. He has an awesome tough guy voice.

• edited December 2014

@Jenny_Pitcher Lol or this fella

Alt text

Zyphon posted: »

I sure hope he has a role in it.

• edited December 2014

You wouldn't hear Kenny's voice :P

Often, VA can change their voices to better suit a character (just look at Clem, she isn't voiced by a child), Gavin also does that. For example, he voiced Beast in TWAU, pretty far off from Kenny if you ask me.

I think it be weird to hear Kenny's voice is GoT....but it be really funny. I can already picture drinking mead at a bar.

• .....Did you mean to reply to my comment, because it has no connection.

tmsmyth4 posted: »

• Someone is clearly American.

Bermudian, actually. But I was on my way out of the house, and typed in haste.

Echopapa posted: »

"European accent." Someone is clearly American. British accents are English, Scottish, Northern Irish and Welsh...

• edited December 2014

I disagree, I could very much hear kenny's voice in beast in a way I couldn't hear Morgan from ToMK's voice in Lilly.

CatySky posted: »

You wouldn't hear Kenny's voice :P Often, VA can change their voices to better suit a character (just look at Clem, she isn't voiced by a child), Gavin also does that. For example, he voiced Beast in TWAU, pretty far off from Kenny if you ask me.

• edited December 2014

So that's your way of saying all americans type in haste.

Someone is clearly American. Bermudian, actually. But I was on my way out of the house, and typed in haste.

• Yeah Beast's voice was pretty much the same, but could you hear Kenny in the Magic Mirror or Tweedle Dee?

I disagree, I could very much hear kenny's voice in beast in a way I couldn't hear Morgan from ToMK's voice in Lilly.

• Yep, those are much better examples.

Yeah Beast's voice was pretty much the same, but could you hear Kenny in the Magic Mirror or Tweedle Dee?

• WUN WUN!

tmsmyth4 posted: »

• Gavin did Tweedle Dee and Magic Mirror? I didn't know that.

I recognized him in Beast though.

Yeah Beast's voice was pretty much the same, but could you hear Kenny in the Magic Mirror or Tweedle Dee?

• edited December 2014

It's funny that when you show someone that they're wrong they often just refuse to comment back. It's like self-imposed obstinacy.

An apology for the cynicism wouldn't be inappropriate.

It probably does. I was gonna say that but to avoid an argument I didn't. Anyway, since you have - his reasoning is probably because he hates Kenny.

• No sorry edited in the @ reply

Zyphon posted: »

.....Did you mean to reply to my comment, because it has no connection.

• For me it was the contrary, I recognized his voice in Tweedle Dee but not in Beast.

• He said he wasn't on ask.fm.

• Yeah, me neither. I learned it from an IGN interview of Gavin Hammon, and I was like what? So I went back and I was able to pick out Kenny's voice a little bit, but barely. Hammon is a voice acting god.

Gavin did Tweedle Dee and Magic Mirror? I didn't know that. I recognized him in Beast though.

• Well, maybe I didn't reply because I hadn't been on since you replied? Anyway, I stand by my statement, and I don't think I'm wrong. I think you're just trying to cover up now.

It's funny that when you show someone that they're wrong they often just refuse to comment back. It's like self-imposed obstinacy. An apology for the cynicism wouldn't be inappropriate.

• edited December 2014

But that makes no sense.

I said the thing about Erin Yvette in my original post. I wrote that about her way before anyone replied to my comment.

So either you think I don't like all her characters and thats why I don't specifically want her to voice anyone (incorrect), or you're wrong.

So it couldn't possibly have been me trying to cover up.

Stop trying to judge me negatively on literally no evidence. It shows your prejudice well.

Well, maybe I didn't reply because I hadn't been on since you replied? Anyway, I stand by my statement, and I don't think I'm wrong. I think you're just trying to cover up now.

• [removed]

So that's your way of saying all americans type in haste.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.