Freezing and Crashing - Mac Osx

Hi telltale team,

Hope all is well. Been trying to play through the game but after every 15-20 minutes the game freezes. I can hear audio but the video stops. At this point I usually have to force quit out. Really impacting the game experience as I have to restart all the time and my progress usually isn't saved. Really want to get through and get the GOT season too as i loved the walking dead season 1 but am worried I will have the same issues here.

Drivers are all up to date and I'm running the latest yosemite version. I've attempted reinstalling, verifying cache, running without internet on, windows mode to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Want to play this during the holidays!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, please try the workaround suggested by another player using Mac OS 10 Yosemite, below:

1) In System Preferences, select Displays, then select Scaled - More Space to change the screen resolution to very detailed.

2) In System Preferences, select Dock, then deselect 'Automatically hide and show the dock', to be able to click on the bottom of the screen.

3) Start up the game and run it in windowed mode using the Mac shortcut (Command + F).

4) You should now be able to see the main menu now and change the screen resolution to one that fits the window.

• Thanks for the input but sadly still experiencing issues. Game either crashes part way through, following start up or simply shows subtitles and action demands but the rest is black screen. Tried the various 'workarounds' so far but issue remains.

I've even reduced graphic settings etc to see if that helped (though specs shouldn't mean it) but not fix there either.

This is my first introduction to Telltale following a lot of hype so rather frustrating in what has been a very good game so far. Currently only on episode one so pray this isn't the situation throughout otherwise the gameplay time is going to be long but not in the best way :(

My apologies, please try the workaround suggested by another player using Mac OS 10 Yosemite, below: 1) In System Preferences, select Dis

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you are still experiencing any issues running the game after attempting our potential solutions, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

Yhunhi posted: »

Thanks for the input but sadly still experiencing issues. Game either crashes part way through, following start up or simply shows subtitles

This discussion has been closed.