Did you realize?

edited December 2014 in Game Of Thrones

So like, you guys do realize that most of House Forrester is gone and it's only the FIRST episode, right? Gregor, Rodrik, and Ethan were the only one's capable or ruling Ironrath considering Asher is in Essos, and Ryon is not of age. Man, Ethan was my favorite character already VERY fun to play. I never really hated Ramsay Snow until this, I always thought Theon got what he deserved, but Ethan crossed the line. XD

Comments

• Rodrik

Now, that's not confirmed. :P

Alt text

• If Rodrik isn't alive and they make us play as Duncan or Ser Royland for the rest of the season, we riot.

Asher has no interest in being Lord - unless he has a change of heart by the end of the story. Also, Duncan and Royland can't be Lord, so the spot has to be filled by either Rodrik or Ryon.

• And yes, Ryon is of age. If Tommen can rule, so can he.

If Rodrik isn't alive and they make us play as Duncan or Ser Royland for the rest of the season, we riot. Asher has no interest in being

• Flog, stop ruining my dreams.

• edited December 2014

Yeah it really isn't.

Rodrik Now, that's not confirmed. :P

• Flog, stop ruining my dreams.

• actually in the show tommen is 13 years old, and is of age. ryon on the other hand is 7.

And yes, Ryon is of age. If Tommen can rule, so can he.

• I think it'll be worse if the inevitable happens and Rodrik survives with like a broken ankle or something.

Because that would make no physical sense. Without magic.

If Rodrik isn't alive and they make us play as Duncan or Ser Royland for the rest of the season, we riot. Asher has no interest in being

• edited December 2014

And in the books, Tommen is the same age. Regardless of how old a child is, the responsibility will always pass down to the eldest son that is still alive. That's how patriarchy works.

ironfromice posted: »

actually in the show tommen is 13 years old, and is of age. ryon on the other hand is 7.

• Lady Forrester, Mira, Talia, Asher, and Ryon are all thats left.

This should be fun

• Tommen doesn't rule in the books, Cersei does the ruling (not very well though).

And in the books, Tommen is the same age. Regardless of how old a child is, the responsibility will always pass down to the eldest son that is still alive. That's how patriarchy works.

• Tommen I not Cersei I... Jesus Christ, he does rule, in name, (but that don't matter).

Tommen doesn't rule in the books, Cersei does the ruling (not very well though).

• But isn't Queen regent the one who rules in name until king comes of age? Though it's true that Cersei needed Tommen to stamp all the letters....so I suppose it is king who rules in name no matter how young.

Tommen I not Cersei I... Jesus Christ, he does rule, in name, (but that don't matter).

• No, I'm saying its very very likely he is the next protagonist.

Flog, stop ruining my dreams.

• Episode 2 is called "The Lost Lords" plural. Rodrick Confirmed.

Rodrik Now, that's not confirmed. :P

• The writers of this ep are the new George R.R. Martin

• you never hated ramsey before this?

to Ethan's twin-sister "Lets go on a hunt"

season 4 anyone?

• Capture and torture someone? Cool. Castrate someone? Cool. Flay people alive? Cool.

Hunt a blonde woman with Westerosi pitbulls? Ya dun goofed.

K0t0 posted: »

you never hated ramsey before this? to Ethan's twin-sister "Lets go on a hunt" season 4 anyone?

• edited December 2014

Yeah, to people that had no idea what Ramsey exactly meant. He actually meant hunting HER and not with her. He already did in the show.

K0t0 posted: »

you never hated ramsey before this? to Ethan's twin-sister "Lets go on a hunt" season 4 anyone?

• That wasn't here he was hunting a nother wemone.

• Well, even if the lady was blonde, what then? Man needs to hunt. :P

Capture and torture someone? Cool. Castrate someone? Cool. Flay people alive? Cool. Hunt a blonde woman with Westerosi pitbulls? Ya dun goofed.

• edited December 2014

She's regent because:
    She's still alive, and since she was a queen in her life she is still, somewhat.

The boy is not of age, but so wasn't Joffrey, yet Joff ruled. She was Regent independently. (Being of age is being 16+)

Ruling as a lord has different rules than when rulling as a monarch. That is quite clear in Martin's notes in the books. Lady Elissa, Lady Talia or Lady Mira won't and will never be "regents". They'll be ladies, ruling for the uncapable lord. However, he can be capable

But isn't Queen regent the one who rules in name until king comes of age? Though it's true that Cersei needed Tommen to stamp all the letters....so I suppose it is king who rules in name no matter how young.

• considering how we saw every other character die, his death of a horse falling ontop of him was quite ambigious...bonus points for having characters constantly ask what happened and you not getting to say a pony did him in.

Flog61 posted: »

I think it'll be worse if the inevitable happens and Rodrik survives with like a broken ankle or something. Because that would make no physical sense. Without magic.

• sheesh louise I forget that you need to...explain...every...word....to....people....on....this....website...

What Ramsey said to the sister about hunting was a clear allusion to what TV ramsey did to that poor girl, it was a nod to the GoT fans.

Nocti's posted: »

That wasn't here he was hunting a nother wemone.

• Yeah I didn't even remember we were discussing about Ryon originally :D But yeah you're right, one example of a lord far too young and incapable for any kind of ruling is Robin/Robert Arryn ("make them flyyyy!" -.-). And well the true ruler there was his mother Lysa, who was almost as bad for the job....

If Ryon indeed was in Ironrath his mother, lady Elissa, would probably be the one truly in power. Even if Ryon would choose a sentinel I think he would mostly listen to his mom with the decisions.

She's regent because: She's still alive, and since she was a queen in her life she is still, somewhat. The boy is not of age, but so was

Sign in to comment in this discussion.