Size of the Monkey Island episodes?

Hi,

I am just wondering how big the Monkey Island episodes will be. About the same size as Sam and Max and Strongbad? Or bigger like Wallace and Gromit? I'm just wondering because I'm on limited internet and don't have huge download capabilities...

Thanks,
skeeter

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I'd guess it's closer to Sam and Max size, because they don't have the W&G level of texture
  • edited June 2009
    I think I might hold off playing until the second chapter of the game is released , that way I will have more play time to appreciate the experience intitally and for the first very special time . Maybe I'll wait for all the chapters to be released.
  • edited June 2009
    It's really hard to say. Giving a ballpark estimate, I'd say that they're probably going to be the filesize of Sam and Max episodes. They're bringing back the five-episode structure with Tales, so that would probably necessitate smaller episodes.

Pure guesswork there, but it's all I can offer.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Yeah at the end of the day, we'll probably be landing in Sam & Max territory. Depending on how things are optimized etc, etc, of course, but Sam & Max episodes have been our target.
  • edited June 2009
    Any idea how many unique locations you're aiming for per episode?
  • edited June 2009
    awww I've always liked big games. the longer the better. Lord of the Rings is my favourite book, and Lord of the Rings extended version is my favourite movie.
  • edited June 2009
    Itll be fairly big once put together :P
  • edited June 2009
    Im sure we will see around 1gb per episode, slow people should upgrade internet speed or just wait 2 days for the download :)

No more small size episodes with poor sound, that time is past!!! :D
  • edited June 2009
    Episodes are chapters , right ? In that case I just want to know the time of the full game.
  • edited June 2009
    I think Sam & Max episodes are too short, what do you people think?
  • edited June 2009
    I haven't played them but they are definitely too short ;)
  • edited June 2009
    I think they're perfect size, at any rate their meant to be small, that's the point of episodic content.
  • edited June 2009
    I hope each one starts with a title card like the the old games
  • edited June 2009
    thin029 wrote: »
    I think Sam & Max episodes are too short, what do you people think?

I think so too, even if you put them all together.
  • edited June 2009
    If you subtract how often you had to re-explore the same locations over and over in S&M those episodes where super short...

I really enjoyed them but man some of it got pretty old...
  • edited June 2009
    you are talking about sam and max size... but... which one is sam and max size? i haven't sam and max (i have sam and max hit the road but it's not the same... ;) )
  • edited June 2009
    preorder. then you can get a free sam and max episode and see for yourself.
  • vizviz
    edited June 2009
    preorder. then you can get a free sam and max episode and see for yourself.

Or just download the free episode :) :

Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die!
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/lincolnmustdie
  • edited June 2009
    i cant preorder cause i don't speak english and the 7'th july version hasn't spanish subtitles...
  • edited June 2009
    aidalai wrote: »
    i cant preorder cause i don't speak english and the 7'th july version hasn't spanish subtitles...

I'm pretty sure you can still get the Sam and Max episode "Abe Lincoln Must Die!" for free...

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/lincolnmustdie
  • edited June 2009
    i think Monkey Island episodes should be longer and harder, like comparing it to Sam & Max for instance. I know its impossible but it would be great if you can play the episode all the way for a month, and then just as you finish it the next episode arrives. Of course, episodic game can not have that much of gameplay hours, but still they should tend to be longer and harder (but not with tedious puzzles), so the community has something to bother with until the next episode.

Of course, i m talking without resorting to walkthrough, or using hint system that can also shorten length of the game.
  • edited June 2009
    i think Monkey Island episodes should be longer and harder, like comparing it to Sam & Max for instance. I know its impossible but it would be great if you can play the episode all the way for a month, and then just as you finish it the next episode arrives. Of course, episodic game can not have that much of gameplay hours, but still they should tend to be longer and harder (but not with tedious puzzles), so the community has something to bother with until the next episode.

Of course, i m talking without resorting to walkthrough, or using hint system that can also shorten length of the game.

Geez, Im not sure ANY adventure game would last a whole month! Unless you play for what, half an hour a day?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.