Installing (takes forever to complete)

Hey,
I wanted to install TWAU om my laptop (Windows 8.1)
But it takes forever for the game to install completely.
It stops at 1/5 of the installing of the progress line and I don't get any error messages. Really frustrating.

Can anyone help me with this?
Or does anybody recognizes this problem?
Thanks.

Comments

• I have the same issue but with Windows 7. Installing from DVD. Left the install for 30 minutes to be sure. If I eject the DVD then the installer jumps to the 'completed' dialogue box but then the game won't launch.
    Hardware is Asus laptop with corei7 and nvidia GT 630M 2G graphics. OS and drivers all up to date. Not having any other issues with the DVD player or other hardware. Tried disabling antivirus and running the installer as admin.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

• I've tried installing again using a non-default install location as the Windows 7 default has non-alphanumeric characters ie C:\Program Files (x86)\ but same result.
    I've run the TWAU support tool for PC, from the output it definitely looks like the game install is not completing correctly. The output file is located here:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/5hyrrf
    Thanks.

Bullfr0g posted: »

I have the same issue but with Windows 7. Installing from DVD. Left the install for 30 minutes to be sure. If I eject the DVD then the ins

• I've now purchased the game from steam and that installed and launched correctly. Perhaps a dodgy DVD? Will try to return it.

Bullfr0g posted: »

I've tried installing again using a non-default install location as the Windows 7 default has non-alphanumeric characters ie C:\Program File

This discussion has been closed.