Disc Version Of Game Not Functional

Hi, I bought a copy of this game for 360 for my parents. Here we are on Christmas Day, and it doesn't work. I put in the disc, start up the game, and I press start. It asks me to select a storage device, so I do, and then I get the "loading" symbol for a few seconds. After this point, the screen goes completely black and it freezes the console completely. I have read the support threads on hear, where TelltaleMike arrogantly suggests "clearing the cache"... I have done this, and it does not fix the problem. This product is just plain faulty. Have you guys figured out a solution for this problem yet, or did you just happen to ship the thing out riddled with bugs that make it completely unplayable?

A few points:

• I tried turning it off and on again.
  • Game crashes regardless of online connection.
  • The disc is not scratched.
  • It is not the console.
  • Yes, I cleared the cache.
  • No, the disc is not pirated.

Please patch this game so that it actually functions out of the box. I have never in my life gotten a game out of the box that is in such a pathetic state of non-functionality. Disgusting showing here, Telltale - you clearly have no respect for your consumers to release something in such a broken state.

Comments

• Update.

I tried clearing memory off the hard drive (which was full) and moved that data onto the USB. I was trying to save the game to the USB which, for some reason, did not work. I saved to the hard drive, at which point, the game loaded up just fine. I know the box says "hard drive required", so that could have been a ****-up on my part. Still - I really don't understand why a USB will not function here, since the USB usually works just fine. I mean, christ guys, I have the disc... Do you need to install the full game or something to make the DISC work? I may as well get it on Steam if that's the case. If you're going to put something on a disc, don't do it half way and call it a day. If I can't just put it in the system and start it up, you need some better programmers.

• Update 2.

The game was lagging so badly that it was impossible to play. I own the PS3 version for myself, and I never had lag anywhere near this bad. I tried clearing some more space on the hard drive, but when I went to start the game again, it started freezing again. Now I can't get past the title screen. Basically, guys, you have a broken, piece of of crap product. I'm frankly appalled that this game is still available to buy on store shelves... This is the sort of garbage any reputable company recalls. I am returning this game for a full refund, if I can get it, and I am advising anyone reading this to avoid buying Telltale products until they can get their business sorted out. This product is just unacceptable, and the tech support reading this should be ashamed.

• Thread: Digital Version Doesn't Work Either

Like an idiot, I decided to buy the digital version, since the disc version is obviously a cheaply made piece of garbage. It was on sale, so I figured, "Why not?" I downloaded the Season Pass, then tried to download the Episode 1 main game thing... And guess what? The download gets to 79% and then just resets to 0% again... And nothing appears to actually be saving on the hard drive. Guys, seriously, WHAT is going on at Telltale that you could make your game literally impossible to access for paying customers in BOTH digital and physical form? This is a freaking nightmare! Get your **** together and give me the product I've paid for TWICE now!!!!

• Got it working... For some reason, the download will only go to 79% with the USB drive plugged in???? This is baffling stuff. I took out the USB, cleared all the local data, then tried downloading it again, and it worked fine. Not sure why I have to do Telltale's troubleshooting for them, but I bet they're happy to know someone actually knows what the **** they're doing out there on the internet. Guys, seriously, gonna echo myself here... Fix this stuff. I've bought bought seasons of The Walking Dead on Steam, and Back to the Future and The Wolf Among Us on PS3. With the Walking Dead, it was poorly optimized for PC and I had to fiddle with the settings on my graphics card just to accommodate it. Back to the Future on PS3 chugged more than my alcoholic uncle. Well-made games, great stories, but holy Heineken, the bugs!

That said, I hope my experiences help you guys improve. If you want anymore detail, I'd be happy to oblige; I don't want to see any other people have to watch their parents go up to bed on Christmas Day while their son is staying up 'til 1am trying to get TWO versions of the same game to work properly.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response, and for any difficulties caused by this. Acquiring and installing an internal hard disk drive compatible with your Xbox360 4GB console will decrease the hitching an lagging (a USB flash drive, or a hard disk drive connected via your Xbox 360’s USB port will NOT provide a remedy). Please note that as stated on the game's case, a hard drive is required to play the game.

Update 2. The game was lagging so badly that it was impossible to play. I own the PS3 version for myself, and I never had lag anywhere ne

This discussion has been closed.