Murray: The powerful Demonic Force, Striding Through the gates of Hell!

Lets discuss one of the best video game characters ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwk8EM14bkY

Comments

• edited June 2009
    i think he will be back in new games. Check this if u dont believe :p

full05.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Lol
    He returned in Escape
    EDIT: 100 Posts WHOO! :P
  • edited June 2009
    Shiversul wrote: »
    Lets discuss one of the best video game characters ever!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwk8EM14bkY

I don't care much about those Youtube videos, but in Curse Murray was one of the best new characters.
    Shiversul wrote: »
    Lol
    He returned in Escape

Which was completely pointless. There were few cheap jokes, but I felt that Murray was only there because fans liked the character and he didn't really have any actual role in the game.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't think he felt forced though, I thought it was funny to see him ended up pitching planet threepwood . I enjoyed it.

He was just a cameo, cameos have been around forever, its no sin. Murray had a big enough part in the last game, why not just rename the series to GuyBrush and Murray....I think it was fine the way it was.
  • edited June 2009
    Murray rules!!!!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Haven't heard this in years, but this thread reminded me of it...

Murray Mix
  • edited June 2009
    Murray alerts me to any text I receive. Legendary!

"If you value your life, mere mortals; you will flee before Murray! Scurge of the living, and überskull of the underworld! Muahahahahahaha!"
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Haven't heard this in years, but this thread reminded me of it...

Murray Mix

Oh my. I can see I'm going to be listening to this over and over. The "uh huh" from Guybrush is hilarious as the volume increases and Murray keeps repeating himself.
  • edited June 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    I don't think he felt forced though, I thought it was funny to see him ended up pitching planet threepwood . I enjoyed it.

He was just a cameo, cameos have been around forever, its no sin. Murray had a big enough part in the last game, why not just rename the series to GuyBrush and Murray....I think it was fine the way it was.

There's no need to take sarcastic tone, if I don't share your opinion. I don't think that he should have had large role, but all other regulars, like Voodoo Lady, Stan and Otis, had some purpose in the game. I just think that it would have been nice if Murray would have been part of some problem.
  • edited June 2009
    There's no need to take sarcastic tone, if I don't share your opinion. I don't think that he should have had large role, but all other regulars, like Voodoo Lady, Stan and Otis, had some purpose in the game. I just think that it would have been nice if Murray would have been part of some problem.

When you phrased it like that "part of some problem " I couldn't agree more. :) Sorry for my tone, I know as much as talking to others, social skills as a bear.

I just thought that you wanted Murray to be a pivotal part of the game as he was in Mi-3 and I strongly disagreed.
  • edited June 2009
    Murray will be back he'll make a big impact I'm sure of it
  • edited June 2009
    It would be cool to have Murry in your inventory even if only briefly.... Imagine him spouting muffled random insults until you let him go.
  • edited June 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    When you phrased it like that "part of some problem " I couldn't agree more. :) Sorry for my tone, I know as much as talking to others, social skills as a bear.

I just thought that you wanted Murray to be a pivotal part of the game as he was in Mi-3 and I strongly disagreed.

It seems that we had misunderstanding, while I like seeing old familiar characters in new games, I think that Guybrush, Elaine and LeChuck should get most attention. From secondary characters I would love to see Voodoo Lady and Stan. Others aren't really that important.
  • edited June 2009
    Wally is ok in my book too
  • edited June 2009
    I seem to recall reading somewhere, PC Gamer maybe, that Murray wasn't even meant to be a major character. He was intended only for the beginning segment when Guybrush blew him up, but when the demo was released there was such a positive reaction for the character his role was expanded. His popularity clearly knows no bounds, since no one seems to think a new game would be complete without him.

It'd be fun to have an episode where you carried Murray around like the head of the Navigator from the first game. Then you could have little chats with him at any time and he could comment on the goings on in the game. Kind of like Floyd the Robot.
  • edited June 2009
    Or he could be your typical adventure sidekick :D, imagine his comments on some of yours ridiculous item use, or his funny hints
  • edited June 2009
    The youtube video was horrible but why does this murray thread have only 2 stars?
  • edited June 2009
    I always felt bad for the little guy when Guybrush dumped him at the Carnival..Right when he was starting to be useful.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Haha the anchor is so much more useful though.
  • edited June 2009
    I bet you could easily have convinced him to take the place of the anchor.
    It is an EVIL plan after all ; P
    He probably would have regreted it afterwards;).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.