Does anyone play this on iOS with a MFi pad and if so do you have these issues?

Hi everyone,

First post/thread here and hoping maybe someone else can share their experiences.

I got a Steelseries Stratus XL for Christmas from my wife and picked up Game of Thrones part 1 on the App Store. I've finished the episode and purchased the season pass but I noticed some odd issues when using my controller.

While walking around using the left stick, when I walked up on an item or person highlighted with a white circle there was no prompt to press a button on the controller to speak to them or pick up/examine the item, I had to tap the white circle on the screen.

Then during some conversations the game would show me the button prompts for potential answers (A, B, X, Y) for some and then the basic touch screen interface for others. So for one question I'd be able to press B for example but on the next I had to tap the answer I wanted on my iPad screen itself.

Finally, at the scene where Mira (spelling?) is sitting at the table in Marjorie's quarters and there are two items on the table I once again had to tap on the white circle to examine or pick up both. The funny thing is that when I turned the controller off and back on I briefly noticed a little cross hair in the centre of the screen when the controller reconnected but I couldn't move it and it disappeared within seconds. Very odd.

The controller is fine, I've played BioShock and Asphalt 8 a lot and had zero issues with either analogue stick or any of the buttons.

Does anyone else use a MFi controller with their iPad for this game? Can anyone else comment on having the same experience?

Thanks!

Comments

• I have problems too. Works well except for the white button you have to press on the screen. Borderlands was a pain too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.