Will Secret of Monkey Island special edition be digitally distibuted by Telltale?

Hi all,

Hoping someone can answer my question. Tried search but could not find any information. With the new joint venture between Telltale and Lucasarts, is Telltale planning to offer the pc digital distribution of Lucasart's remake? I have already given all my money to Telltale...hehe. Lucasarts has not given any info on how they plan to release it, and I was just curious if anyone knew. Thanks!! Looking forward to July 7th!! :)

-Mel

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I don't understand why they would. SE for me is a huge deal because its a lucas arts release . Lucas arts doing adventure games again !?? Too good to be true. I rather buy my copy straight from their mighty hands.
  • edited June 2009
    I guess the reason I ask is because they don't have a PC digital download (Lucasarts website states that is the way youwill get the game) site they contract with. Maybe it will be directly from their site. If it were steam, or Telltale, that would be great too! :)
  • edited June 2009
    No. their deal was that they acquired the rights to make the fifth MI game. The Special Edition is solely Lucasarts work.
  • edited June 2009
    That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation. Not used to Lucasarts starting PC digital downloads..maybe this is a sign of things to come maybe??.. Ok, being overly optermistic again. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Bubbamel wrote: »
    That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation. Not used to Lucasarts starting PC digital downloads..maybe this is a sign of things to come maybe??.. Ok, being overly optermistic again. :)

i really hope they gonna start presales on steam soon!
  • edited June 2009
    Will it cover MI2 game also! Because that game was even better.
  • edited June 2009
    Everlast wrote: »
    Will it cover MI2 game also! Because that game was even better.
    As of yet, there are no plans to do so.
    However, if the SE of Secret gets enough support, who knows what Lucas may do, and I pray that remake LeChuck is next on their minds.
  • edited June 2009
    Will LucasArts only sell it in their shop? I cannot seem to find it on Amazon.co.uk :confused:
  • edited June 2009
    Sure hope they do plan to sell it at Amazon UK. Ordering it from the US will be pricier, not to mention VAT. :(
  • edited June 2009
    When it's available to purchase, I'm sure the official site will link you to the correct place (or perhaps even be through it).

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/

It's being distributed as a digital download.
  • edited June 2009
    Sure hope they do plan to sell it at Amazon UK. Ordering it from the US will be pricier, not to mention VAT. :(

err it's a download not a physical purchase.
  • edited June 2009
    I really hope they don't use Steam. Man, I hate Steam. It's been giving me nothing but problems, running even simple games like Wolfenstein 3-D seems too much for that piece of crap. Having to constantly run the client software and be connected to the internet all the time is, well, b__ls__t.
  • edited June 2009
    This thread needs to die about now....
  • edited June 2009
    the biggest question for me is, will they release the SoMI:SE on cd/dvd/holographic-crystal/whatever? call me old fashioned but I like to have a physical copy of the games i buy.
  • edited June 2009
    Just hope it will come on Steam, because its so nice to have all youre games in one place, with auto update, and no silly drm / max activation :)
  • edited June 2009
    PimPamPet wrote: »
    I really hope they don't use Steam. Man, I hate Steam. It's been giving me nothing but problems, running even simple games like Wolfenstein 3-D seems too much for that piece of crap. Having to constantly run the client software and be connected to the internet all the time is, well, b__ls__t.

Do you actually have to have it running?

The only game I have got from Steam was Football Manager 2009 and you could just launch that independantly from with the Steam foolder.
  • edited June 2009
    wezzy wrote: »
    the biggest question for me is, will they release the SoMI:SE on cd/dvd/holographic-crystal/whatever? call me old fashioned but I like to have a physical copy of the games i buy.

No.....
  • edited June 2009
    When it's available to purchase, I'm sure the official site will link you to the correct place (or perhaps even be through it).

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/

It's being distributed as a digital download.

I see. That explains. Thanks :)
  • edited June 2009
    PimPamPet wrote: »

You can run Steam in offline mode if you have no internet connection and play all the games offline (as long as you've played them at least once online). I personally love Steam.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't care if they use Steam as long as some other option is available. A game only being on Steam is something that can make a game go from "Must Buy" to "No Thanks". I see the benefits that people enjoy when it comes to Steam...I just have a different set of standards.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't care if they use Steam as long as some other option is available. A game only being on Steam is something that can make a game go from "Must Buy" to "No Thanks". I see the benefits that people enjoy when it comes to Steam...I just have a different set of standards.

yeah you probably have ... nobody asked it to be a steam only game, we just asked if people could preorder / buy it from steam too

i have all my games there and i like steam a lot, thats why i would prefer buying it from steam then here in the shop, i dont want to have dozens of accounts in dozens of different shops and have to switch from one to another every time i want to play a different game

i hope they gonna start the preorder campaign on steam soon!
  • edited June 2009
    I'd like to see it on Steam.
  • edited June 2009
    I think we all know that. But since TTG is already in dealings with LA over TMI, it'd make sense for LA to also let TTG sell SMI:SE on their site as well. Or vice versa, even! TMI on LA's store.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.