Realistic Explanation for the return of Rodrik

2»

Comments

• Well he has a beard.

• edited December 2014

You know as well as I do what's going to happen. It's pointless debating a fictional story.

Flog61 posted: »

Armour withstands 900kg? Really? I'll take your word for it, I assume you're running on superior knowledge. I know that people do die from having horses fall on them, but I'll defer to your judgement.

• who say's he's dead in the first place? a singer, in the books. Survived both a horse and a man landing on him. Rodrik only had a horse landing on him and a stab in the back of the leg. Surely the leg wound wouldn't of contributed much.

• I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but Telltale doesn't seem to care much about who can realistically survive what. TWD Season 2 featured a little girl dropping into a frozen lake and then being shot and basically shrugging it off as if it never happened.

• It's just that bullshit lazy writing excuses from Telltale is what will bring them down and they don't need that. If they are going to bring Rodrik back, they better have a good fucking excuse, hence my theory.

MrMiyagi posted: »

I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but Telltale doesn't seem to care much about who can realistically survive what. TWD Season 2 featured a

• edited December 2014

He got lucky. Real lucky.

It's just that bullshit lazy writing excuses from Telltale is what will bring them down and they don't need that. If they are going to bring Rodrik back, they better have a good fucking excuse, hence my theory.

• Did you get my PM? I might have accidently cancelled it.

Can you pm me?

• If you are talking about Lady Stoneheart, i heard that she is being left out of the show entirely.

K0t0 posted: »

Have to be very very delicate here...but this is unlikely due to a reason that will probably be revealed next season.

• Butt-headButt-head Banned
    edited January 2015

I think I know the answer. I played again and noticed that the horse wasn't real. It was PANTOMIME HORSE. Rodrik hid inside and escaped.

Alt text

No doubt Forresters are clever.

• You can't possibly mean that...he might have got lucky?!

joshua007 posted: »

Well he has a beard.

• real lucky

You can't possibly mean that...he might have got lucky?!

• I like your thinking, but I don't think Rodrik gets revived by Thoros.

[Spoiler]

In the book, it's noted that when Lady Stoneheart is revived, Beric Dondarrion dies. This leads me to believe that if Rodrik was revived it would kill Beric leaving him unable to bring back LS, making the theory impossible.

• I thought the same thing, what an annoying little dick face.

K0t0 posted: »

His death was pretty fast paced in comparison to most other deaths in this episode where character are run clean through. They could easily

• How do we know about his face scar and broken arm?

• Lady Stoneheart won't be in the TV series, unfortunately, even though the viewers could've used the satisfaction of a Frey being hanged on screen.

• edited January 2015

Wait, Rodrik survives? Dammit! you had one job Gared,One job! :P lol, I hope that happens, it would be hysterical when they reunited considering Gared told Lord Forrester that he had died leaving Rodrik squished and abandoned under a horse in the middle of the Red Wedding >_<

• Nah, its not confirmed yet but there a lot of things sort nodding toward that Telltale will bring him back. This is just a likely theory to explain how he could have survived.

Wait, Rodrik survives? Dammit! you had one job Gared,One job! :P lol, I hope that happens, it would be hysterical when they reunited conside

• Henry VIII survived a horse falling on him during a tournament, though a leg that was injured in the fall never fully recovered.

Rodrik surviving the forse falling him isn't entirely far-fetched.

• Right but Henry VIII was probably taken care of immediately after he fell. Rodrik would have fallen in the middle of a bloody battle where all his comrades are being slain around him.

Scaeva posted: »

Henry VIII survived a horse falling on him during a tournament, though a leg that was injured in the fall never fully recovered. Rodrik surviving the forse falling him isn't entirely far-fetched.

• HE BECAME AN UNICORN !!!!!

dinofire posted: »

featuring my mspaint skills

• That's the best theory I can see. :|

Butt-head posted: »

I think I know the answer. I played again and noticed that the horse wasn't real. It was PANTOMIME HORSE. Rodrik hid inside and escaped. No doubt Forresters are clever.

• It's not confirmed yet, she'll be.

Lady Stoneheart won't be in the TV series, unfortunately, even though the viewers could've used the satisfaction of a Frey being hanged on screen.

• edited January 2015

We need to wait for Brienne's arc to reach her first, which when we first see her. (not considering the first time when that WHO Frey is hang)

It's not confirmed yet, she'll be.

• It's not confirmed yet, she'll be.

• I'd like to think it's somehow related to Bowen. Like Bowen and Norren found Rodrik alive and managed to get him to safety. So if you chose to save Bowen as your first major choice, then Rodrik is still alive. If you didn't, he's dead.

• Hmm...Rodrik returning. I don't know. It could possibly happen. But at the same time, I don't know.

• It can happen. For Rodrik to come back i mean. He'll probably appear as a prisoner of the Freys, or something else.

I mean, a horse, being as heavy as you like, can't kill a man outright. Also, he fell on his lower torso only, where no vital (but equally important) organs are situated. But he most probably broke both is legs in the process. If rescued fast enough, he could've survived. Maybe Norren saved him?

Rodrik being dead or alive might also be incidental on wheter you saved Norren's squire ot not. I don't think Norren can lift a horse on his own, but maybe with his squire helping him...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.