Which monkey island characters did you like?(part one)

edited October 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
I am going to post 50 characters from the games, then another 50 around about in a part two thread. I am working on the poll now . Mark the characters you want to vote for .

Link to part two here
http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8918

And part three
http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8919

Part four
http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13518

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Apparently Murray is more poppular than Elaine . I would have never thought it.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah... Murray is in second place!! "I am a powerful demonic force!" I sure hope we get to see more of him in Tales than we did in EMI (where he only did a small cameo). Like in CMI where he always turned up in the most silly places.... But how did he travel from one place to the other?
  • edited June 2009
    Woo! Largo is tied with Elaine, beating out the Voodoo Lady and Wally!
  • edited June 2009
    I also LOVE Murray! Just started playing MI3 again (2 hour ago) and that scull is ridiculously funny!
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    I WILL ROLL THROUGH THE GATES OF HELL

muhahahahahahahahaaaaa....
  • edited June 2009
    there aren't Edward Van Helgem, Haggis McMutton and the third pirate of the Barebery Coast (i dont' remember the name of the third)
  • edited June 2009
    Well Murray is now the second most highest rated character . He is above Stan and everyone else , the only character in his way is Guybrush Threepwood.
  • edited June 2009
    Murray rocks plain and simple, he is a fun, wierd, very different kind of character :) Adventure games need more of those.

People love wackyness. MUwhahahaha ;)
  • edited July 2009
    So many awesome characters... I voted for quite a lot of them! The two I constantly kept in mind and made sure I didn't miss were Wally and Stan - I just HAD to vote for those two! Largo LaGrande was another I made sure I voted, he was a great villainous character.

But yes, there are a lot of great MI characters there, I voted for nearly half of them in the end! XD
  • edited July 2009
    I voted for many of them, but I also have 2 write-ins: Men of Low Moral Fiber and Elaine's landscaper.
  • edited July 2009
    I would have voted for many of them, but I want Guybrush to win...
  • edited September 2009
    Given these current numbers I think it would be a good idea to have Murray feature if he hasn't already...
  • edited September 2009
    In all fairness Stan is pretty high, not as high as Murray and Guybrush but he's doing well for himself. Better than Elaine and Lechuck. I always thought higher of Elaine....
  • edited September 2009
    I think that out of all of SOMI, the fettucini brothers were my favourites. (apart from the main characters). They didn't say much, but they were really funny, and their voice actors in the special edition were really good.
  • edited September 2009
    he isnt there but i would of voted for mad marty
  • edited September 2009
    balin2k wrote: »
    he isnt there but i would of voted for mad marty

Sorry I forgot quite a few names really, I was going off of web sites because I couldn't remember them all. Of course people are free to add a new poll, I've made too many in my time here though.
  • edited September 2009
    Bumping the thread in hope to see Guybrush defeated by Murray.
  • edited September 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    Sorry I forgot quite a few names really, I was going off of web sites because I couldn't remember them all. Of course people are free to add a new poll, I've made too many in my time here though.
    na its kool man :D
  • edited September 2009
    i dont see the point in this poll if you can select all characters - it would be better if there was a limit, it is not an accurate representation otherwise.
  • edited September 2009
    jamiehavok wrote: »
    i dont see the point in this poll if you can select all characters - it would be better if there was a limit, it is not an accurate representation otherwise.

I loosely defined what it was representing anyways, but Guybrush and Murray are in the lead. They have the highest numbers and people as a group seem to think that Elaine is actually beneath them both, which surprised me.
  • edited September 2009
    Where is MADAM XIMA!

a pox on your first born for forgetting her!

Kidding :)
  • edited September 2009
    I always liked good old Blondebeard
  • edited September 2009
    jhuddy wrote: »
    Where is MADAM XIMA!

a pox on your first born for forgetting her!

Kidding :)

She's be improperly entered as Vodoo lady on Blood island or something like that.
  • edited September 2009
    leChuck
  • edited September 2009
    Haggis McMutton!?
  • LupLup
    edited October 2009
    i votet for murray but only because i couldn't vote for "Dinghy Dog" from MI3!!!
    /push Dinghy Dog !!! O..ô
  • edited October 2009
    why is Otis and Carla the same person?
  • edited October 2009
    Morgan!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Oh yea and the guy being poke by guybrush using a needle xD
  • edited October 2009
    Why does Wally have more votes than Elaine? What's so good about Wally?
  • edited November 2009
    Apparently Elaine is just about as good as a 3 headed monkey...
  • edited November 2009
    Why is Cobb not on there? (You know... the "Ask me about Loom" guy from MI1)
  • edited November 2009
    LOL there's alot of characters in these games, thanks for pointing one out that I forgot to add. When and if I make a final poll, I'll add that one in there. Thanks.
  • edited November 2009
    I missed King Andre as well :(
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for the add in, It's been recorded literally already. A part four has been added, but those are still missing.
  • edited November 2009
    King Andre was legit.... he was one cool Pirate/smuggler hoarder of treasure.
  • edited November 2009
    I liked Jojo the monkey.
  • edited November 2009
    We need more votes, so the Murray Army can rise to power, and conquer BRUSHGUY CREEPWOOD :)
  • edited November 2009
    Rum Rogers, Jr. and the awesome fisherman with two pipes should have more votes! :D
  • edited November 2009
    Murray 240 66.67%

Anyone else find that awesome?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.