Should Telltale Games Stick To Being Adult?

13»

Comments

• I think now that times are changing, i mean my 4 year old nephew, and 2 year old niece both have their own ipads. Its so funny, i think back to when i was a kid, and i was lucky to get boots for winter. Some days i had to wear Bread bags on my feet to keep my shoes from getting wet. It made me look so cool going to skool.

Jennifer posted: »

Yeah, they tried to make family games when they were smaller (Bone and Wallace & Gromit were games that the whole family could play, and

• Are you serious ? Because of your post I registered here, so thats nice but.. 4 years old and 2 years old have their own ipads.. really..? Really..? Thats crazy and so wrong on many levels. Do they even know what is a stick and hole ? How to play outside..? Jeez thats just bad.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

I think now that times are changing, i mean my 4 year old nephew, and 2 year old niece both have their own ipads. Its so funny, i think bac

• Lets face it. Minecraft is for kids. If you want to play some survival game you can pick 100 times better and more mature one.
    No hate to Minecraft but most of people who play Minecraft are from 7 to 15 years old.

prink34320 posted: »

Do people really think of MineCraft as just a kids game? I consistently see very popular games that are evidently played by people of all ag

• I still can't imagine what's it going to be like, but I'll give it a try. Personally I prefer mature themed games, but as long as the story is interesting I don't mind :)

• I get that they're trying to branch out and be more universal but they should know doing this type of stuff as a cash grab alienates their older audience significantly. Where as I'm not saying every part of the game will suck because its not TWAU S2 but it was a pretty dumb decision

• The Walking Dead alienated some of Telltale's older audience who felt that Telltale should not branch out from lighthearted puzzle games and felt that Walking Dead was a cash grab as it was based off of a popular TV show. They also didn't see how Walking Dead would fit into a story-oriented adventure title.

Despite alienating some people, Telltale revised the gameplay formula with the addition of choice making, and told a great story. Even though people initially couldn't see how a zombie franchise would work as a story oriented adventure game, Telltale made it work and gained a massive following.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off Minecraft for not following Telltale's status quo.

Clemenem posted: »

I get that they're trying to branch out and be more universal but they should know doing this type of stuff as a cash grab alienates their o

• Minecraft applies to a completely different genre of gamers that tick off other gamers

The Walking Dead alienated some of Telltale's older audience who felt that Telltale should not branch out from lighthearted puzzle games and

• I don't like where they're going with minecraft and I would have preferred for them to make walking dead season 3 or wolf among us season 2. I'm not against it because it is a kid's game but because it's minecraft. I mean minecraft doesn't have any real people,it's filled with pixels and blocks, how can you make a story out of that? It would be like making the sims an action game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.