Disc Freezes My Console

So I bought the game on boxing day since it was on sale. "F*** yeah just $15 for TWAU!" Anyway, when I got home and put the disc into my console at first everything was working fine (a bit slow maybe but fine). I get to the title screen and it says "Press Start". I press start and the screen goes black for a couple seconds, then for at the mist 5 seconds the loading icon appears at the bottom of the screen. That goes away and the screen is black again and everything is frozen, I can't even turn off the system with the controller, nothing works.

I've read the other threads and have tried clearing the cache, and letting the game run to see if it gets past black screen of dispair, all unfortunately to no avail.

I don't know if something like this can be patched or if the game is just broken forever. It just ducks because the whole reason I bought the Xbox was to play this and The Walking Dead.

Anyway, a response would be appreciated, as would any info as far as what the problem is and why it's happening etc... Thanks.

Comments

• Thread: Blank screen after I choose storage

I just bought this game a few hours ago. It keeps giving me a blank screen. I have turned my Xbox on and off, I've deleted the game and everything. I have the disk version. I do not have xbox live but I am connected to the internet. Please help.

• Thread: The Wolf Among us - Black screen

Okay, I see plenty of people on here have had the black screen at start up, but please clearly tell me if this game on disc actually works because I am not seeing it.
    I have:

New disc purchased for Christmas.
    Black screen on start-up.
    Switched off and on again.
    Cleared Cache and removed game from memory
    waited 20 minutes with black screen to wait and see if any progress.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

• I cleared my cache 3 times in a row and then deleted the game and it started working for me, just lags bad in the cutscenes.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, can you please clarify if you tried starting the game after you cleared your system's cache, and still experienced the black screen issue? If so, please try going into your Storage device, and delete all files associated with The Wolf Among Us, then start the game again, and you should not experience the same issue again.

• THAT'S BS..... I HAVE DONE ALL OF THAT THE GAME STARTED PLAYING ONCE SO FAR AFTER TRYING FOR DAYS AND NOW EVER SENSE I STOPPED PLAYING IT THE ONE TIME IT PLAYED IT IS RIGHT BACK TO THE SAME CRAP! PUT THE DISC IN HIT START BLACK SCREEN AND LOCKED UP EVERYTHING

My apologies, can you please clarify if you tried starting the game after you cleared your system's cache, and still experienced the black s

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify what model Xbox 360 you are currently playing on, how large the internal hard drive is, and if you have at least 10% space left on the hard drive?

THAT'S BS..... I HAVE DONE ALL OF THAT THE GAME STARTED PLAYING ONCE SO FAR AFTER TRYING FOR DAYS AND NOW EVER SENSE I STOPPED PLAYING IT TH

• I also have the same problem and tried all you mentioned above and it didn't help. Also on xbox 360 my hard drive only has 2.8 GB free space but i have an external hard drive plugged in with 20 GB free.

My apologies, can you please clarify if you tried starting the game after you cleared your system's cache, and still experienced the black s

• This is a little ridiculous how many people are having these problems yet all they do is continually throw around these answers that do not help at all.

This discussion has been closed.