Episode 2 crashing

I bought the season pass to The Wolf Among Us as part of this recent week's deals on Xbox LIVE. The first episode was free a month ago and I loved it and decided since the pass was on sale I would get the whole series. However there is a huge issue keeping me from enjoying this series. EPISODE 2 WILL NOT PLAY. When I start the episode, I get the pink loading circle in the bottom right hand corner. The circle stops spinning and then I hear "Mr. Toad?" and then my Xbox freezes and I have to restart my console. I have tried every option I can think of. Clearing system cache, deleting/reinstalling the episode, deleting/reinstalling the title update, deleting the season pass file (keeping the episode files) and playing it that way, and choosing me already loaded save file before launching but NOTHING WORKS. PLEASE resolve this issue somehow because I am starting to feel as if I have wasted $7.50 that I could have used on any other game. If this information helps, I am on a 500GB Xbox 360 E console with well over 200GB left, my gamertag is Hooligan2455, and I have played ALL of The Walking Dead and never ran into any issues with them. Please help.

Comments

• I'm having the same problems, please help!

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. It appears that you have tried all of our potential solutions. Can you please clarify if when you deleted Episode 2, that you deleted it manually from your Storage Device, or by deleting the entire game? If you deleted it by deleting the entire game, please try deleting the episode manually from your Storage Device. You can do this by following these steps:

To delete the Episode:
    -Hit the Xbox Guide Button in the Middle of your Controller
    -Go as far to the right as you can
    -Scroll down and click on System Settings
    -Scroll down and click on Storage
    -Click your HardDrive/Memory Card (Wherever the DLC is Saved on)
    -Click on Games and Apps
    -Scroll down and find the game you want to delete the DLC for and click on the game
    -A list of all your saves, DLC, etc will show up, find the DLC/Episode you want and click it
    -Now scroll down and click Delete

To Re-Download
    -Go to the Game Marketplace
    -Go the game you want to re-download the DLC for
    -Click Download Again for the DLC (The Episode should say ‘Free’ next to it)

If you have already tried this and/or it still does not start for you, can you please clarify if you can start Episode 2 successfully if you start the game, and choose a blank save slot, then start Episode 2 before playing Episode 1?

• Has anyone found a solution to this yet. I loved episode 1 and just bought episode 2. It freezes my entire xbox upon loading. I cleared my cache, manually deleted all content. Re-downloaded everything and it still doesn't work. I do not have a season pass, but have been buying by episode. It will not work even if I try to load from an empty save file. This is terrible and it appears like there are alot of people having this problem. Why is telltale still selling this game on xbox. (also I have an xbox 360 with plenty of storage space) my confidence is lost in telltale. If this issue can't be fixed I will never buy another product.

I apologize for the inconvenience. It appears that you have tried all of our potential solutions. Can you please clarify if when you deleted

Can you please clarify if the Xbox freezes to a black/blank screen when starting Episode 2? If you reach the frozen black screen, are you still able to press the Xbox Button in the middle of your controller and access the Xbox Dashboard?

Has anyone found a solution to this yet. I loved episode 1 and just bought episode 2. It freezes my entire xbox upon loading. I cleared my c

• Yes my xbox froze when starting ep 2, and no I was not still able to press the Xbox button in the middle of the controller. But yesterday I noticed that no more episodes were avilable for purchase and then episode 2 showed up. I thought there might have been a repair so I deleted everything manually again, cleared my cache 3 times, turned off the xbox, turned it back on, re-downloaded everything, and now it works! Soooo goo job on the fix from xbox or tell tale OR anyone else having this problem just manually delete, clear cache, and try again. It did suck that I had to play through episode 1 again, but if this is all the bugs I encounter I will still be purchasing telltale game. Thanks.

Can you please clarify if the Xbox freezes to a black/blank screen when starting Episode 2? If you reach the frozen black screen, are you still able to press the Xbox Button in the middle of your controller and access the Xbox Dashboard?

• I have the same problem, attempted the same resolution as forestbear, and still get a locked Xbox when trying to start episode 2 (center button doesn't work, I hear "mr toad" and then locked). I have even tried to start at episode two from an empty save and have the exact same problem.

does a fix exist? Or do we fumble with redownloading over and over until it works? I've wasted hours on this.

If you are still experiencing an issue with Episode 2 not starting, can you please clarify which model Xbox 360 you are currently using, what size the hard drive is, and if you have at least 10% space left on the hard drive?

thewanv posted: »

I have the same problem, attempted the same resolution as forestbear, and still get a locked Xbox when trying to start episode 2 (center but

• I've personally done all of the above steps, and I'm still having this issue. My roommate wanted to play, so I set him up a save file. He can't access episode two. It freezes at "Mister Toad," the pinwheel stops spinning, and I cant access the guide. I'm playing on the newest xbox 360 model, and have a large hard drive with around 45% still empty. It was working fine, as I had a friend before this complete the entire game. I dont know what else to do. I'm not deleting my saves in case of a season two. Please help or send out a patch to fix this.

• Newest model 360, 320gb hard drive, 200gb free

If you are still experiencing an issue with Episode 2 not starting, can you please clarify which model Xbox 360 you are currently using, what size the hard drive is, and if you have at least 10% space left on the hard drive?

If you have already tried deleting and re-downloading the episode, and you still experience the issue, please also try Clearing your System's Cache, then restart your console, and start the game, and try starting the second episode again.

thewanv posted: »

Newest model 360, 320gb hard drive, 200gb free

• I'm having a similar issue, what's weird is that I played ep 2 with no probs the first time but when I tried to restart it in a new save slot to get the final book of fables entry I started getting the freezing problem? Do I really have to fanny about deleting and reinstalling stuff, or 'clearing my cache' whatever that is? If it worked once why not again?

Can you please clarify if you are able to see your save files in the Save Files menu from the Main Menu? Also, how many save slots are you currently using in the game? If you are able to access your Save Files menu, does deleting one of your used save slots allow you to play the game successfully?

I'm having a similar issue, what's weird is that I played ep 2 with no probs the first time but when I tried to restart it in a new save slo

• I bought the season pass just today, and I'm hitting the very same "Mister Toad?"-spot as the others. I've tried all the things suggested in this thread, and also without previous save file - nothing. Always crashes there badly enough to take the console down with the game.

I find it sad I had to buy the season pass only to find out the game won't run on my system.

I have a 320G version of XBox 360 E, with the HDD mostly empty. I downloaded the game yesterday and there was no title updates after that.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing crashing at that particular point, please try Clearing your System's Cache again, then after doing so, turn off your console for 5-10 minutes, as this has been known to resolve this particular issue. Then turn your console back on, and start the game while connected to the internet, and you should be able to successfully play Episode 2. (You can also try starting Episode 2 on a blank save slot, to make sure it isn't a save file issue)

TuxieDuck posted: »

I bought the season pass just today, and I'm hitting the very same "Mister Toad?"-spot as the others. I've tried all the things suggested in

• Clearing the cache, powering down (even pulling the power plug so the system isn't just suspended) didn't do any good. And like I stated earlier, I first tried a storage device that didn't have this game's save files on it.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing crashing at that particular point, please try Clearing your System's Cache again,

• An update to this:

I put my save on a cloudsave drive, then continued off on another console, an old 120GB XBox elite. Worked like a champ there.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing crashing at that particular point, please try Clearing your System's Cache again,

Thank you for providing the extra information, I will make sure to pass it along to the team for further investigation.

TuxieDuck posted: »

An update to this: I put my save on a cloudsave drive, then continued off on another console, an old 120GB XBox elite. Worked like a champ there.

• Still having trouble playing the game I paid for.... I don't understand.

My apologies, if you are still experiencing the issue, please try disconnecting from the internet, and then start the game again. If the issue still occurs, please also try Clearing your System's Cache.

You can also try uploading your current save games to the Xbox Cloud Storage, then try starting a new game, and you should be able to play Episode 2 without issue.

Still having trouble playing the game I paid for.... I don't understand.

• I've done all these steps and the game continues to freeze.

My apologies, if you are still experiencing the issue, please try disconnecting from the internet, and then start the game again. If the iss

Are you able to press the Xbox Button on your controller when the game freezes? If so, please try pressing the Xbox Button to bring up the Xbox Dashboard, and wait a few minutes for the game to finish caching/loading, then press the Xbox Button again to return to the game.

I've done all these steps and the game continues to freeze.

• Pushing the guide doesn't make the sound or pull up the dash.

Are you able to press the Xbox Button on your controller when the game freezes? If so, please try pressing the Xbox Button to bring up the X

If you are still experiencing the issue and you have already backed your save files up to the Cloud Storage, I recommend deleting and re-downloading the game from the Xbox Marketplace, then try starting a new game, and see if it will then allow you to play Episode 2 successfully.

Pushing the guide doesn't make the sound or pull up the dash.

• I have done so and I still can not play.

If you are still experiencing the issue and you have already backed your save files up to the Cloud Storage, I recommend deleting and re-dow

I will make sure to pass this along to the team for further investigation. Unfortunately at this time I am out of potential solutions to resolve your issue. I recommend contacting/emailing our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance with this particular issue.

I have done so and I still can not play.

This discussion has been closed.