How can you tell a Story in Minecraft?!?

Well. . . these guys have been dong a pretty good job.

Element Animation Minecraft Shorts:

-- Villager TV

-- Your Door Was Locked (Christmas Song)

Or for something with a little more narrative. . .

-- An Egg's Guide to Minecraft

I think the last link is an excellent example of how storytelling can be achieved in the Minecraft world (The egg character wont make much sense unless you're familiar with Element Animation's Story) So I'm looking very forward to seeing what Telltale Games does with this franchise! :) Also if there are any villagers in the game, I would love it if Dan Lloyd did the voices, heh heh.

Comments

• One word - Roleplaying.

• Two words - You don't.

prink34320 posted: »

One word - Roleplaying.

• Three words - Yes you do.

Two words - You don't.

• Four Words - It will suck balls

• Five words - It isn't even out yet.

Clemenem posted: »

Four Words - It will suck balls

• I'm going to break the rules.

Five words - It isn't even out yet.

Six Words- Its an absolutely asinine, shameful idea

• Six Words- Its an absolutely asinine, shameful idea

Green613 posted: »

• Oh you scrub :P

Green613 posted: »

• Seven words - Did you just break this random chain?

Oh you scrub :P

• edited December 2014

I love Element Animation! And their series of Minecraft cartoons are among my most favourite to watch. :)

They portray the world of Minecraft in a very fun and quirky way, while remaining true to what little "canon/lore" does exist. Examples:

-The world is made up of blocks.

-Monsters come out at night.

-There are villages inhabited by goofy looking villagers.

-Diamonds and emeralds are held in high esteem.

-Strongholds contain portals which lead to another dimension.

-There's a dark and mysterious entity who looks like Steve but with bright glowing eyes known as Herobrine.

-The list goes on...

Anyway, my point is, there's plenty of things in the Minecraft universe TellTale can use to tell a story with, so count me amongst the fans who are excited to see this game get made. :D

Also, I would die of happiness in Dan Lloyd (the voice of the "villagers" in the Element Animation shorts) did the voice of the villagers in the TellTale game! His voice just works so well for them! XD

• I think the game will have the same type of look used by the Minecraft song videos. It will have the blocky look of the main game, but it will also feature more realistic animations that don't look as clunky and amatuer as they do in the main game. So we'd have facial expressions, voice acting, limbs moving realistically and objects being help correctly. I can already imagine it now...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.