ToMI Release Countdown Thread

Less than a month to go so it is high Time for a Countdown.

T-minus 29 days!

only 28 already here in Germany :D :p

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Less than a month to go so it is high Time for a Countdown.

T-minus 29 days!

only 28 already here in Germany :D :p
    I hate to break it to ya, but it's going to be released at the same time for everybody. So when it's July 7th, roughly sometime in the early hours of the work day (going by Pacific Standard Time) is when it will be put up on the website for download.
  • edited June 2009
    july 7th monkey island shall return to the world. When does SE come out before or after?
  • edited June 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    july 7th monkey island shall return to the world. When does SE come out before or after?

Gamespy says 30th sep but theres no confirmation other than Q3 so doubt its accurate
  • edited June 2009
    Well, LucasArts' own website says MI:SE is coming out this summer.
  • edited June 2009
    only 3 weeks to go, can't wait!!!
  • edited June 2009
    only 3 weeks to go, can't wait!!!
    Err.. it's four weeks.
  • edited June 2009
    I hate to break it to ya, but it's going to be released at the same time for everybody. So when it's July 7th, roughly sometime in the early hours of the work day (going by Pacific Standard Time) is when it will be put up on the website for download.

I was only joking. I am well aware that the release date is local Telltale time. Intersting information though. Can someone confirm, that releases are done in the morning? I was expecting it to happen on midnight. :confused:

Btw why standard time? California uses daylight savings time, don't they? So the time difference should be 9 hours. 10 if they do not.

Anyway I had planned to download it while at work (faster connection). But with a release coming say 10 a.m. local Time it would be 7 p.m. here - and I would have to use my own crappy connection. :(

So does anyone have a clue as to how large the download is going to be?

Not to forget: T-minus 28 days. That is exactly 4 weeks.
  • edited June 2009
    Lol, I can take time off exactly whenever I want to. I'll be one of the first to play the game LOL. Die 9-to-5ers!
  • edited June 2009
    27 days.

4 weeks - 4 previous games. Time to play them again!
  • edited July 2009
    26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 days

Woah - time sure flies :D
  • edited July 2009
    How many hours now ? :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2009
    If we're going from Jake's Twitter estimation, around 24 hours left.
    As an aside, there are currently 199 users online at time of writing. Considering the game isn't even out yet, I can only imagine how many will be on tomorrow.
  • edited July 2009
    20 hrs or so? (if the game is released at 11:00 AM eastern time)
  • edited July 2009
    <90 minutes until midnight here...
    which means, well, maybe 18 hours (?) before it's released. Not entirely sure about the time zones.
  • edited July 2009
    1 day left..... WHOOOHOOOOOOOO!
  • edited July 2009
    Mad Mary wrote: »
    <90 minutes until midnight here...
    which means, well, maybe 18 hours (?) before it's released. Not entirely sure about the time zones.

Wondering the same. What timezone do they live in, and release it? Here it's only one hour left and can't wait!

(Would be good for load balancing if they release it already now to european people ;) ).

Hope the servers will hold!
  • edited July 2009
    if i remember the time right the counter switches everyday, the game should be released in 10-11 hours. but only if the counter's completely accurate :confused:
  • edited July 2009
    nims wrote: »
    Wondering the same. What timezone do they live in, and release it? Here it's only one hour left and can't wait!

(Would be good for load balancing if they release it already now to european people ;) ).

Hope the servers will hold!

Generally go by GMT - 6.
    So it's still quite sometime to wait.... especially to wait. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    It's more like a D.O.S. counter if you ask me ;)
  • edited July 2009

whats D.O.S.? Days of Suffering? :D
  • edited July 2009
    Cyphox wrote: »
    whats D.O.S.? Days of Suffering? :D

Deficiency Of Sleep. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    "Disk Operating System. "
    This was specially created to run monkey island. If Monkey Island wasn't there, the world would run on linux.
  • edited July 2009
    I think I can't sleep tonight... Pre-release deficiency of sleep :D
  • edited July 2009
    it's the days left before the complete datacenter breaks down caused by Denial of Service through the immense ammount of download requests when the game's finally released :D
  • edited July 2009
    This was specially created to run monkey island. If Monkey Island wasn't there, the world would run on linux.

OK now seriously I can't sleep that's a real laugher :D
  • edited July 2009

so we have to blame lucas arts for windows vista, not microsoft?
  • edited July 2009
    7th of July here in Aussieland...sadly it does not mean a thing =P
  • edited July 2009
    The clock is ticking extra slow tonight :(
  • edited July 2009
    HeyArnold wrote: »
    The clock is ticking extra slow tonight :(

not tonight, but when i'm at work tomorrow!!! god, i should have taken one day off!! argh!!!
  • edited July 2009
    so we have to blame lucas arts for windows vista, not microsoft?

Yep, and we can also blame them for all the time-traveling themes on startrek/stargate, since they invented time-traveling in DOTT.
  • edited July 2009
    it's the days left before the complete datacenter breaks down caused by Denial of Service through the immense ammount of download requests when the game's finally released :D

BTW if someone has it, can we use torrents to distribute the software? We all got a serial, so we only need the telltale server to be up for registering :D. Would be a bummer if you have downloaded the app, and you cannot play because the license server is also being hammered.
  • edited July 2009
    Destruction of Server, of course... :p

np: Evil Nine - The Wait ft. David Autokkatz (They Live!)
  • edited July 2009
    Yep, and we can also blame them for all the time-traveling themes on startrek/stargate, since they invented time-traveling in DOTT.

and the whole parallel universe stuff, which was first ever shown at the end of mi2
  • edited July 2009
    Come on tomorrow... hurry up!
  • edited July 2009
    I have taken the day of work i cant wait :D it feels like christmas again when i was a child
  • edited July 2009
    ok its 10 to 11 here in UK.. does that mean i have to wait an hour and 10 minutes!!!??!?!??!
  • edited July 2009
    and the whole parallel universe stuff, which was first ever shown at the end of mi2

And of course "Pirates of The carribean" would never existed if MI wasn't here. Clearly Pirates is a cheap ripoff.
  • edited July 2009
    novamonkey wrote: »
    ok its 10 to 11 here in UK.. does that mean i have to wait an hour and 10 minutes!!!??!?!??!

No, it means you have to wait another 20 or so hours. Telltale is on Pacific Time, US. It'll be sometime during the day in their timezone.
  • edited July 2009
    It's 7 of July here in Italy too!!

Welcome back Guybrush! Can't wait for the download!
  • edited July 2009
    Why nobody counts the time difference?
    Pacific Time is GMT -8.
    Check your timezone in your Windows settings (mine is GMT + 1)
    Now just count the difference (mine is 9 hours).
    Now by simple process I can count that if in US it's going to be relased between 8 AM and 11 AM, I'll get it between 4 PM and 7 PM.
    Pirates should know a bit about geography : )

EDIT. 7 July here. Happy birthsday, Guybrush : )
Sign in to comment in this discussion.