Crash after Steam "preparing to launch"

I'm having the issue with both Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead Season 2.

If it's at all useful information, I also have Tales from the Borderlands, which is a direct download from telltalegames.com. That runs fine.

Here's my support tool output:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/g4iav1

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if both your Steam Client, and the games are installed to the same drive? If not, does installing the two games to the same drive that your Steam Client is installed to, allow you to start the games successfully?

• Yes, both the Steam client and the games are installed on the same drive.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if both your Steam Client, and the games are installed to the same drive? If not,

Apologies for my confusion. It appears that your current Documents folder is on your D:/ drive, while your Steam folder is currently on your E:/ drive. I recommend try installing your Steam Client on your D:/ drive, then install the game on that drive as well, then restart the game, and you should be able to play successfully.

pourl posted: »

Yes, both the Steam client and the games are installed on the same drive.

• No such luck.

I moved my documents folder and my Steam installation to my D: drive, still have the same issue.

I've ran the support tool again: https://www.sendspace.com/file/iebj2v

Apologies for my confusion. It appears that your current Documents folder is on your / drive, while your Steam folder is currently on your E

Can you please clarify if your default drive is your D:/ drive, or your C:/ drive? If you are still unable to start the game without it crashing, and your C:/ drive is actually your default drive, please try the same process on your C:/ drive, and then try starting the game again.

No such luck. I moved my documents folder and my Steam installation to my drive, still have the same issue. I've ran the support tool again: https://www.sendspace.com/file/iebj2v

• Yes, my C drive is the system drive, but my Steam installation is on my D drive, and my games install on D by default.

If you mean I should move my Steam installation and documents folders to the same drive as my system that would probably not be feasible at this point. Is there any chance of another workaround?

Can you please clarify if your default drive is your / drive, or your C:/ drive? If you are still unable to start the game without it crashi

My only other recommendation would be to look over this Steam Support Page on the issue, and see if any of their suggestions are able to resolve your issue.

Yes, my C drive is the system drive, but my Steam installation is on my D drive, and my games install on D by default. If you mean I shou

• I managed to get everything moved over to my C drive, it didn't resolve the issue.

My only other recommendation would be to look over this Steam Support Page on the issue, and see if any of their suggestions are able to resolve your issue.

If none of the suggestions in the above linked Steam Support Page was able to resolve your issue, I recommend contacting Steam Support, and see if they have any other potential solutions to resolve that particular Steam Error message.

I managed to get everything moved over to my C drive, it didn't resolve the issue.

This discussion has been closed.