Game Price?

When this game is out and People can buy the full version.. What will the games Price be and also, will We be able to buy redeem cards similar to Minecraft from local stores? I would love to give this game a try. :P

Comments

• Depends on how many episodes it will have. Each episode is $5, I'd assume it will only have 5 episodes so $25 would be a good guess.

• Okay, Cool.. PC Players, Do you think they will have to buy the game online using PayPal or Do you believe there might be the Redeem Cards that Mojang used for Minecraft or maybe even CD Copies of the game for PC?

dojo32161 posted: »

Depends on how many episodes it will have. Each episode is $5, I'd assume it will only have 5 episodes so $25 would be a good guess.

• It'll most likely be on steam and the Telltale store, so paying online sounds about right.

ZlashYT posted: »

Okay, Cool.. PC Players, Do you think they will have to buy the game online using PayPal or Do you believe there might be the Redeem Cards that Mojang used for Minecraft or maybe even CD Copies of the game for PC?

• Ahh... Okay, I don't have PayPal so the card and CD Was just a thought...

It'll most likely be on steam and the Telltale store, so paying online sounds about right.

• You don't need to use PayPal for games on Steam so I guess that's good for you.

Ahh... Okay, I don't have PayPal so the card and CD Was just a thought...

• Yes... I guess So, I am already sticking money in my wallet... For this game, I hope it's Good :D

You don't need to use PayPal for games on Steam so I guess that's good for you.

• Have you tried any of Telltale's previous games to get a feel for their work?

By the way, I hope you know that not every single episode will be available at launch. There's usually a one and a half to two month gap between the release of episodes, so if you're one of those people who likes playing it all at once I suggest you wait for a few months after the games release before buying.

Yes... I guess So, I am already sticking money in my wallet... For this game, I hope it's Good

• I have tried the Walking Dead Season 1 out and I would not mind the Gap between the Game release dates.

Have you tried any of Telltale's previous games to get a feel for their work? By the way, I hope you know that not every single episode w

• Well Maybe If You Have Minecraft You Can Get First Episode Free Or Full Series?

• No, Telltale does not do that kind of stuff.

john2487 posted: »

Well Maybe If You Have Minecraft You Can Get First Episode Free Or Full Series?

• True Well i got Back To The Future Episode 1 Free for PS3.

No, Telltale does not do that kind of stuff.

• Thread: $$

Will we have to pay for each episode?

• Probably the standard telltale pricing for each episode and most likely a season pass option.

• Yes, of course :P

• Not to hate on TellTale games but Mojang and TellTale should have never collaborated. I don't wanna pay more money.

• No-one's forcing you to buy Minecraft: Story Mode.

If you don't want to pay more money then don't pay more money.

GameKrush posted: »

Not to hate on TellTale games but Mojang and TellTale should have never collaborated. I don't wanna pay more money.

• You pay for each episode except if you play it on PC or buy the retail edition.

• Just in case you don't know, this is not an add-on to Minecraft, it's its own seperate game.

GameKrush posted: »

Not to hate on TellTale games but Mojang and TellTale should have never collaborated. I don't wanna pay more money.

• For certain platforms, you can either purchase the season pass (which will range between $25-$30) or each individual episode when it comes out (each being about $5). On PC, you can buy the whole thing for, again, $25-$30.

• I can't imagine it being more than previous games.

• But was that when it first came out? Most Telltale first episodes become free after some time from its release.

john2487 posted: »

True Well i got Back To The Future Episode 1 Free for PS3.

• Well if it has more episodes than usual Telltale games then it probably will cost more.

I can't imagine it being more than previous games.

• I've heard it will only be five episodes.

Well if it has more episodes than usual Telltale games then it probably will cost more.

• Probably $10 at most.

• Probably $25 dollars...That much is certain about this game.

Probably $10 at most.

• edited January 2015

Or more if they add more than 5 episodes.

Probably $25 dollars...That much is certain about this game.

• It was a rare occurrence for Game of Thrones...I can promise you it will only be 5 episodes.

prink34320 posted: »

Or more if they add more than 5 episodes.

• edited January 2015

You never know :p could even be 4 episodes, they did 4 episode games before.

It was a rare occurrence for Game of Thrones...I can promise you it will only be 5 episodes.

• All right, I'll give you that...However I won't give you more than 5.

prink34320 posted: »

You never know could even be 4 episodes, they did 4 episode games before.

• I guess it could depend on how much Microsoft offers...

All right, I'll give you that...However I won't give you more than 5.

• More or less than 5 episodes isn't a weird occurrence for Telltale. GoT has 6, JP had 4, Law and Order had multiple "seasons" or whatever so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't 5 episodes.

All right, I'll give you that...However I won't give you more than 5.

• Didn't Sam and Max have six episodes?

More or less than 5 episodes isn't a weird occurrence for Telltale. GoT has 6, JP had 4, Law and Order had multiple "seasons" or whatever so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't 5 episodes.

• season 1 did.

Oninaito posted: »

Didn't Sam and Max have six episodes?

• Yeah, Season 1 of Sam and Max did and Jurassic Park had 4 and Hector only had 3

Oninaito posted: »

Didn't Sam and Max have six episodes?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2015

Law & Order: Legacies had 7 episodes (and is the longest Telltale season so far). You're probably thinking of CSI, which had four seasons of five cases (but, unlike most Telltale seasons (Jurassic Park being the only other one, outside of the iOS release which was released in episodes) it was released at once rather than by episode).

Hector had the least with 3, Wallace & Gromit and Jurassic Park had the second least with 4, Sam & Max Season One and Game of Thrones have the second most with 6, and Law & Order Legacies has the most with 7. All other Telltale seasons have 5, so when a season is announced, five is a somewhat safe bet (but is not always the case, even now, as Game of Thrones has shown).

Well, technically Bone, Poker Night, and Puzzle Agent had the least with 2, but those were all special cases (Telltale lost the Bone license because they didn't continue making Bone games before their license to make Bone games expired (since they focused instead on Sam & Max), and Poker Night and Puzzle Agent were pilot program games, where only one episode was released to test the waters of more experimental games and if it did well, they'd order new episodes). And, of course Telltale Texas Hold'em only had one game, but you can't count that as a season unless you include it in the Poker Night series.

More or less than 5 episodes isn't a weird occurrence for Telltale. GoT has 6, JP had 4, Law and Order had multiple "seasons" or whatever so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't 5 episodes.

• Maybe he can get a puzzle agent.They throw that around like confetti for a while

No, Telltale does not do that kind of stuff.

• I think it should be either cheaper to game owners or comes as an update to the game

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2015

Despite its confusing title, Minecraft: Story Mode is actually a stand-alone game that can be seen as a side game or sequel to the original Minecraft, and won't use the Minecraft engine at all (all of Telltale's games use their in-house engine, the Telltale Tool), so it's not possible for them to provide it as an update to the original Minecraft. And, since it stands on its own, it won't actually require the original Minecraft (or even require having to have ever played Minecraft before) to play it.

gilesdude09 posted: »

I think it should be either cheaper to game owners or comes as an update to the game

Sign in to comment in this discussion.