Why Does Max's Voice Change?

Recently, I noticed that Max's voice in Culture Shock is much different than it is in other episodes. Is there a reason for this? I'm just curious.

Comments

• Andrew Chalkin voiced Max in Culture Shock, but he couldn't do any more episodes due to health reasons, so Telltale went with William Kasten for the rest of the series (until Poker Night 2, when Dave Boat voiced Max).

Andrew Chalkin has done some other voice actor work for Telltale. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Beyond#Video_game_voice_work.

• Thanks.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Andrew Chalkin voiced Max in Culture Shock, but he couldn't do any more episodes due to health reasons, so Telltale went with William Kasten

• I honestly find William Kasten to fit the best for Max's voice.
    It may be biased due to first hearing Max in his voice though, but still.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Andrew Chalkin voiced Max in Culture Shock, but he couldn't do any more episodes due to health reasons, so Telltale went with William Kasten

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2015

Max's voice changes again in Poker Night 2, as it's voiced by Dave Boat (I'm not sure why Telltale wasn't able to get William Kasten to voice Max in Poker Night 2, as the reason never been revealed). I thought Dave Boat did a great job. He actually sounds like a combination of Andrew Chaikin and William Kasten to me.

Actually, everyone who has done Max has done a great job. Nick Jameson in Hit the Road (and the trailer for the cancelled Freelance Police game), Robert Tinkler in the animated series, and even David Nowlin (the voice of Sam in Telltale's games) in the GameTap teaser trailer for season one) all voice him very similarly. Someone once posted a video that used all of the voice actors of Max (minus Robert Tinkler and Dave Boat) and even though there were three different voices for Max, it somehow worked as one cohesive video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndz5QjJVBy4

Sign in to comment in this discussion.