Just my opinion on the "up coming minecraft game"

~* WARNING*~~~ Slight Rant ahead

I am not going to start off this by saying "oh i hate minecraft" or whatever but it is indeed not one of my favorite games, but its bearable... but telltale your meaning to tell us that you set aside the wolf among us season 2 until 2016 (at least that's what rumors are stating) to finish borderlands (which is understandable) ... and now to work on this game ... you are willing to put aside a game that brought in lots of money, for a game that might not make it like the others. I know season 3 of the walking dead so be out sometime this year, which is respectable. But please tell me that we all don't have to wait until 2016 for the wolf among us season 2. We have waited for the updates for season one for a while, which once again is reasonable. But a whole year?

Is the minecraft game really worth it?

Comments

• I don't think there will be a Wolf Among Us Season Two this year as Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead Game Season Three and now most likely this new MineCraft: Story Mode will most likely take up the entire year, unless they don't do an episode a month. Or have they done that before?

• edited January 2015

I would like to see what Telltale can do with a Minecraft game, before deciding if it is really worth it. I think from a certain point of view, making another game is easier than making a sequel to a game. The Wolf Among Us is after all a prequel to the comics and there are limits and restriction on how much the developers can make and how far they can go.

• Is the wolf among us season 2 even confirmed at al? so I dont see hows its causing a delay. Also i'd prefer that they'd pick a more interesting world than minecraft but regardless they are making it so we'll see how it is

• It's never been confirmed, no. The last thing we heard/saw was a short interview on Youtube where Adam Harrington asked about Wolf and it cut to black before an answer was given.

Also, I agree with Dave. Particularly when it comes to another prequel season featuring Bigby. He has gone on record as stating that he's only been in so many chases etc. in the first volume. I would like a continuation though.

Is the wolf among us season 2 even confirmed at al? so I dont see hows its causing a delay. Also i'd prefer that they'd pick a more interesting world than minecraft but regardless they are making it so we'll see how it is

• edited January 2015

That video was followed up, they said nothing to announce and to stay tuned, they didnt just say No sorry, so there is still hope for a Wolf S2

Rob_K posted: »

It's never been confirmed, no. The last thing we heard/saw was a short interview on Youtube where Adam Harrington asked about Wolf and it cu

• you are willing to put aside a game that brought in lots of money

Where have you gotten that idea from? I've looked, and I've never been able to find any reliable sales numbers for TWAU. It did well critically, but that doesn't always translate to good sales. For all you know, The Wolf Among Us fell well short of expectations. I suspect that if it had done well, Telltale would have released numbers, like they did with the first Walking Dead season.

• i'm sorry, i guess i didn't really look into that. I wasn't trying to bash any games.

mosfet posted: »

you are willing to put aside a game that brought in lots of money Where have you gotten that idea from? I've looked, and I've never

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2015

There might be something else going on besides money for Telltale to not announce The Wolf Among Us Season Two as well. The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones were announced right up front to be multiple game licenses, but Telltale didn't get that much of a license from Bill Willingham, so they have to deal with him individually for each season that they want to make.

That's not to say that there won't be any more seasons, but it's possible that it will take longer to get the deal done if they want to make another season because they don't have the benefit of having a contract to continue to make games for that franchise like they do for the others, so they'd have to make a deal for a new one.

• edited January 2015

The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones were announced right up front to be multiple game license

So that means that Game of Thrones has a S2 already confirmed if Telltale feels the need to make one, right?

Jennifer posted: »

There might be something else going on besides money for Telltale to not announce The Wolf Among Us Season Two as well. The Walking Dead an

• I agree with @Jennifer. Wolf Among Us S2 might take more time than sequels for other Telltale games like Walking Dead. We'll just have to be patient and hope that Telltale makes a DLC to help pass the time, and who knows? Minecraft might be pretty good.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2015

Yeah, their contract with HBO was stated to be a "multi-year, multi-title" deal (like The Walking Dead), so if Telltale wants to make a second season of Game of Thrones, they'll be able to dive right in immediately after the first season ends.

In contrast, The Wolf Among Us wasn't announced as such, and neither was Tales from the Borderlands. If Telltale wants to continue either of those series, they are going to need to negotiate new contracts to do so. For what it's worth, Minecraft: Story Mode also doesn't appear to be a contract for a multiple year series either.

The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones were announced right up front to be multiple game license So that means that Game of Thrones has a S2 already confirmed if Telltale feels the need to make one, right?

• edited January 2015

I wish I could thumbs this comment more than once. Working with a prequel is way harder than simply creating an entirely different story separate from the main canon like TWD was. Bill Willingham obviously approves of what TellTale has done though of course TellTale had other ideas in the beginning which Bill shot down (which lead to the huge gap between Episode 1 and Episode 2) because ti went against canon. Could a Season 2 be possible yes? Should it be a story that should follow the same assortment of characters from Season 1? Not necessarily, but it would great if it was. Like Jennifer has stated in the comments below, TellTale never signed a multi-title contract like with TWD or GOT. At this point, we can only be patient about this.

I would like to see what Telltale can do with a Minecraft game, before deciding if it is really worth it. I think from a certain point of vi

• Ah ok, that's pretty sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer posted: »

Yeah, their contract with HBO was stated to be a "multi-year, multi-title" deal (like The Walking Dead), so if Telltale wants to make a seco

Sign in to comment in this discussion.