Just started game; experiencing consistent audio problems

edited October 2006 in Game Support
Hi: After several difficulties downloading Sam & Max in the first place (GameTap would improperly calculate the time, then hang, then give an error message), I finally got the game successfully--not sure whether it's because I reset my modem or because I reset GameTap in the utilities.

Now, though, when I try playing the game, the sound seems to skip. It's of course more noticeable in the voices, since words seem to drop out here and there almost every time a character says something, but it might be affecting the music too. I have DirectX 9.0c, and I've tried lowering the DX sound acceleration from full to basic, but that did nothing. My sound hardware is nVidia nForce. Hope someone can help!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone from GameTap will be by with suggestions for you soon.

You've already tried what I would have suggested (lowering the audio acceleration).
  • edited October 2006
    hey archerhawk,
    I am a tech support agent for Gametap. could you go to the utilitys and go to the advance tab and do steps 1, 2, 3 and when it says thank you just hit ok and look for the green issue handle and post it on here and i can further help you out on this issue
  • edited October 2006
    Thanks for your help, crackeyes. The issue handle is November-115.
  • edited October 2006
    not a problem. First off you have a few program running you dont have to have running. you can go to start-->run--> and type msconfig then go to the startup tab and turn off every thing you dont need running. Keep your trend-mirco on. That should help. you also might want to se if nvidia has sound drivers that are more up-to-date for your card. Also you could update your video drivers. there are newer ones. by killing those startup processes it will free up some RAM. I am not to sure on the system rwequirments for Sam and Max but i do know that it likes more than 512. It can run on it but if alot of it is taken it can lead to the sound cutting out. Hope that helps. give it a try and and let us know if that helps. and if not run the scans for me again and post the issue handle Thanks

Crackeyes
    gt tech
  • edited October 2006
    Did all three things (stop unwanted startups, update audio driver, update video driver), and now Sam and Max are speaking their amusingly convoluted lines just as they're supposed to. Thanks very much for the advice, crackeyes!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Glad to see this has been resolved. :)
This discussion has been closed.