unsolicited password reset email

Hy,

i just got an email on my gmail account that my i requested a passwort reset, but i never did that.

I haven´t used the account since season 2 of Sam and max came out, so my question is, ist telltale sending out this emails to see if someone is not using their account anymore, or is someone trying to steal my account, or ist this a Phishing email ?

The email has been sent from "no-reply@telltalegames.com" Is that an official Telltale email adress ?

[quote] Hey there!

So... you lost the password for your Telltale Games account? We can help with that! Just click the following link to reset your password:

http://www.telltalegames.com/verify/passwordreset?blablabla_i won´t_post_the_real_linkTDG7S

If your verification link doesn't work, it's possible that it was broken by your email system. If the verification link isn't clickable or part of the link is cut off, please copy and paste the entire URL into your browser's address bar and press Enter.

Thanks!

Telltale Games

Twitter | Facebook
Copyright © 2015 Telltale Incorporated. All rights reserved. [/quote]

Comments

• Just got the same email again :/

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, we have contacted our webteam, and are currently looking into it. Please make sure that you do not click on the password reset links that you receive. It may be someone with a similar username wanting to reset their password. Either way, as long as you do not click the link, your account is safe.

Guybrush posted: »

Just got the same email again

• don´t worry i didn´t click on any link.My account still works so i just wanted you to know that i got them, and ask if this is a normal email from you.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited January 2015

Thank you for providing the extra information. This was not an email from us, it may be someone with a similar username wanting to reset their password, and they mistyped their username. I will make sure to let the webteam know the extra information.

Guybrush posted: »

don´t worry i didn´t click on any link.My account still works so i just wanted you to know that i got them, and ask if this is a normal email from you.

This discussion has been closed.