Xbox 360?

I love Monkey Island but I would much rather play this on Xbox than on PC. I know they're making SoMI for Xbox but this one says for PC and Wii. I could order for PC but then down the road they might port it so I don't want to buy yet, but I want some new MI!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    judging by past releases, maybe eventually.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, who knows if it will eventually be ported. I figure it can't be ruled out.

The big MI fan in me who wants to see the series continue says, "I know you'd rather play it on XBox. But if your PC will run it, please get it for PC when it comes out." You know, better sales = more chance of sequels.

But in the end, you have to do what you have to do.
  • edited June 2009
    At least you are getting SoMI: SE on XBOX... PS3 is getting no crazy monkey love.... not that it matters to me I started MI on PC and dang it I plan on ending it on PC
  • edited June 2009
    The 360 port of SoMI actually baffles me, as the the Wii and the PC actually seem the only formats which are perfect for adventure gaming.

I remember trying to play a friend's copies of Discworld 2 and a couple of other games on the PS2, and it was just awful, the controls didn't work. A mouse works, the waggly Wii remote works better than I'd have expected, but a gamepad? Nnnnnotsomuch.

Tales will be coming out for the 360 by the looks of the press releases anyway, but I'd still recommend getting it for the Wii or the PC, otherwise you'll be playing it on a gamepad. /shudder
  • edited June 2009
    I don´t unterstand the difficulty of playing adventures with a gamepad.
    The only problem is that you are not used to it. Years ago, everybody said "You can´t play Ego-Shooters with a Gamepad!" and now? Halo, Killzone, Half-Life, etc.!
    Then, everybody said "You can´t play strategy games with a pad" and again, Halo has proven it wrong!
    Now it´s "You can´t play Adventures with a Gamepad!" and now Monkey Island will show you that it works! I´m quite sure about that.
    Maybe it won´t be as quite as good as with the mouse, but is that really a problem for a true adventure or Monkey Island fan? The controller will work and the game will rock!
    So I really hope that Telltale will release it the Xbox :D
    Don´t have a Wii or a PC that is good enough anyway.
    ^^
  • edited June 2009
    I don´t unterstand the difficulty of playing adventures with a gamepad.
    The only problem is that you are not used to it. Years ago, everybody said "You can´t play Ego-Shooters with a Gamepad!" and now? Halo, Killzone, Half-Life, etc.!
    Then, everybody said "You can´t play strategy games with a pad" and again, Halo has proven it wrong!
    Now it´s "You can´t play Adventures with a Gamepad!" and now Monkey Island will show you that it works! I´m quite sure about that.
    Maybe it won´t be as quite as good as with the mouse, but is that really a problem for a true adventure or Monkey Island fan? The controller will work and the game will rock!
    So I really hope that Telltale will release it the Xbox :D
    Don´t have a Wii or a PC that is good enough anyway.
    ^^

Actually having played wallace and grommit on a pc with a gamepad I must say it works pretty well, especially if you just have hotspot cycling like Wallace and Grommit does.
    Its not that bad.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.