It's a great Idea, but how would it Work?

Minecraft would be a Fantastic game to be in Telltale Form.

But how the fuck does it work?

The Voice Acting, is it going to be Text only?

What is the Game going to look like?

Who is the Main Character? (I doubt that It's Steve.)

What is the Story going to be about? Survival? Finding a way back Home?

Is it Point and click?

So many Questions, but I guess we'll see Later on.

Comments

• In the little info game released by Mojang, they said it will not be based on Steve.
    As for the rest of the questions...
    I don't fucking know.

• To be honest it will probably be similar to the other games and use bigger hubs.

It wouldn't exactly be voice acting if it was text only.

I'm sure it will look like MineCraft.

Someone you play as.

It could be just finding friends because you're lonely at first and you end up on a quest to fight The Wither and The Ender Dragon.

I can assure you it will most likely be point and click.

• I'd imagine, there would be the potentially unlimited world, but without the ability to jump. You'd still be able to go up stairs and stuff, but you couldn't climb hills. That way, they could keep you confined until you found a way to leave. It would be similar to the Stanley Parable's version of minecraft.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2015

I actually hope this turns out to be true. The latest Telltale games don't give you a lot of areas to explore. It would be great to have exploration again, especially if it's a lot of areas to explore like in their older titles such as Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People. Blocking your path by ways of actual obstacles such as mountains and such would be a great way to avoid those invisible barriers that have been in Telltale's games since Back to the Future: The Game as well.

From interviews, it seems that Telltale removed exploration to move the story forward, but exploration doesn't have to be just a way to artificially inflate game time. It can add to the experience as well, if done well, and I thought their older games did just that. I never felt like the game was dragging on when walking around Free Country USA with Strong Bad or walking around West Wallaby Street with Wallace & Gromit (or even looking around and talking to the survivors in Everett's Hardware Store with Lee Everett). Giving the players the ability to look around and converse freely actually helps make the world feel more real.

I'd imagine, there would be the potentially unlimited world, but without the ability to jump. You'd still be able to go up stairs and stuff,

• easy... make up any story and plop it in Minecraft universe. boom.

• It'll probably be similar to Telltales other games and have the blocky style of Minecraft, but I'd expect that they'd have more lifelike animations.

• Have no fear, son. This is the work of a lifetime for Telltale Games.

It's probably gonna work like their comedy-based point-and-click games, but with a intensive dull aspect.

If it doesn't have no Voice Acting than it will be really hard for them to make it funny or intriguing, story-wise.

It's gonna look like a "living oil painting".

The main character is you.

The story is about the human behavior, as Mojang's Minecraft is, in the end.

It is gonna be a point-and-click.

• Since Minecraft doesn't have much of a story and the game is all about placing your own sense of "adventure" onto what you experience in the game, I think Telltale will make a story about the benefits of creativity, as opposed to directly going out of their way to add a story directly about Minecraft at face value.

• You don't know any of this...Well...Except the point and click and this:

Have no fear, son. This is the work of a lifetime for Telltale Games.

Have no fear, son. This is the work of a lifetime for Telltale Games. It's probably gonna work like their comedy-based point-and-click ga

Sign in to comment in this discussion.