Ironrath Playable Character

Assuming episode 2 features Asher as the third playable character in Yunkai along with Mira (King's Landing) and Gared (The Wall), then is anyone else wondering how we'll have eyes and ears in Ironrath. We know there will be things happening there from the preview, but unless there is a fourth playable character (maybe Talia), the only way we'll be able to experience that is through non-interactive cut-scenes.

Also, there had better be either a huge time jump or Malcolm and Asher don't get back to Westeros until like episode 4. Ironrath to Yunkai and back should logically take ages.

Comments

• He's coming back. His return will probably be the cliffhanger of the episode.

• You think he's going to show up alive already?

• Lady Forrester Maybe?

I'd like to play as Ryon if i must be sincere, but it isn't likely. The child already had his personality stated, and it wouldn't be wise for Telltale to give a character with an already set personality to the players. It could make them feel forced in their choices

• He's coming back. His return will probably be the cliffhanger of the episode.

If anyone doubts it, PM me.

• Fair enough. I'm just surprised they're revealing that so soon. I would've thought they'd wait a couple of episodes. Not to mention if it is the cliffhanger at the end of episode 2, then that doesn't explain who we play as at Ironrath during episode 2.

He's coming back. His return will probably be the cliffhanger of the episode. If anyone doubts it, PM me.

• I don't think the episode will give much attention to Ironrath aside from a couple small scenes between unplayable characters. Yunkai and the Wall seem to be the primary focus.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they have us temporarily play as Duncan or Royland for those parts.

Fair enough. I'm just surprised they're revealing that so soon. I would've thought they'd wait a couple of episodes. Not to mention if it is

• We might not see Ironrath at all until the last scene where Rodrik returns as a cliffhanger and the whole thing is just a cutscene.

Fair enough. I'm just surprised they're revealing that so soon. I would've thought they'd wait a couple of episodes. Not to mention if it is

• That'll be a bit lame if it is just a cutscene.

We might not see Ironrath at all until the last scene where Rodrik returns as a cliffhanger and the whole thing is just a cutscene.

• Guess that makes sense if you do get to play as your chosen Sentinel, if only temporarily.

I don't think the episode will give much attention to Ironrath aside from a couple small scenes between unplayable characters. Yunkai and th

• I think it's just to show what's happening in the next episode, nothing more.

• edited January 2015

If those scenes aren't just showing what's happening in Ironrath and we won't actually see it, it's got to be Talia, right? Her arc would probably be something to do with rescuing Ryon from the Whitehills while they wait for Asher to come home. It can't be Rodrik even if he is alive because Duncan and Royland wouldn't be fighting over leadership of the house.

Right now I'm thinking that Ethan was a Red Herring protagonist and not actually one of the "five protagonists" telltale original spoke about. That would make the true 5 Gared, Mira, Asher, Talia/Elissa and Rodrik/Someone else. Unless it's just "five protagonists at a time".

• edited January 2015

But Talia, like her mother, already has a set personality. I would be foolish from Telltale to hand a charachter with and olready set personality to the players. They'd feel forced in their choices

JakeSt123 posted: »

If those scenes aren't just showing what's happening in Ironrath and we won't actually see it, it's got to be Talia, right? Her arc would pr

• Clem had a set personality in S1, too. Granted, there's a season gap there, but the idea is that people change when their circumstance forces them to change.

She could start off being a variation on the Talia that we already know, but then through hard choices expand her options and change her.

Endrik posted: »

But Talia, like her mother, already has a set personality. I would be foolish from Telltale to hand a charachter with and olready set personality to the players. They'd feel forced in their choices

• I could get behind that. She has a personal stake in things after watching her brother die, and it wouldn't be far-fetched to see some variance in her personality after only knowing her for part of one episode.

Tale posted: »

Clem had a set personality in S1, too. Granted, there's a season gap there, but the idea is that people change when their circumstance force

• Exactly, just like Lee's death had a major impact on Clem's personality which allowed the player to swoop in and mold her in their own way, the same could happen to someone who saw their twin brother being stabbed through the neck right in front of their eyes. That's bound to make someone feel and think a lot differently.

Tale posted: »

Clem had a set personality in S1, too. Granted, there's a season gap there, but the idea is that people change when their circumstance force

Sign in to comment in this discussion.