Monkey Island wiiware question

I've decided to support telltale with the wii root. However, i was wondering how much difference there will be in releases of tales of monkey island series on wiiware?

I hear strongbads wiiware release was all over the place, but how much difference? a couple of months?

Ah well, all i can see is i'm super happy to have a wii (got one cheap at cash converters). Sam and max season 1 &2 and monkey island are on top of wii game list :D

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    I hear strongbads wiiware release was all over the place, but how much difference? a couple of months?

The Strong Bad games came out once a month on both PC and WiiWare. The longest wait between episodes was I think five weeks. (This was in North America - Europe's a bit different because they only release WiiWare games every two weeks.)

With Monkey Island, we don't know yet if the PC and WiiWare releases will be simultaneous, but if not we want to get the WiiWare version out as close to the PC version as possible. (The gap between the two versions shouldn't be as big as it has been with Wallace & Gromit on Xbox.) We're still aiming for "about once a month" on both platforms.
  • edited June 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    The Strong Bad games came out once a month on both PC and WiiWare. The longest wait between episodes was I think five weeks. (This was in North America - Europe's a bit different because they only release WiiWare games every two weeks.)

With Monkey Island, we don't know yet if the PC and WiiWare releases will be simultaneous, but if not we want to get the WiiWare version out as close to the PC version as possible. (The gap between the two versions shouldn't be as big as it has been with Wallace & Gromit on Xbox.) We're still aiming for "about once a month" on both platforms.

That's brilliant, i can't wait. :) Thanks for the quick and informative response. I'm kind of doubting this but if i get games on wiiware do i have to buy the episodes seperately or can i do a preorder for the whole series? I would do the pre-order on this site but my pc isnt very powerful.
  • edited June 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    (This was in North America - Europe's a bit different because they only release WiiWare games every two weeks.)

I'm in the PAL region (Europe, UK, Australia, NZ) and we get new Wiiware games every week. And sometimes ahead of the US release.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Maybe they've changed the schedule since then? When Strong Bad was coming out, Europe only had WiiWare releases every other Friday.
  • edited June 2009
    Yep, it's changed (since April 24). Here's a release database you can sort by date by clicking the arrows in the last column...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WiiWare_games_(PAL_region)

Hopefully this makes scheduling MI on Wiiware easer!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.