what's in place for the download frenzy?

we all know what happens when hundreds of people (never mind thousands) all try to hit a server at any one time....and then try to download a 1/2 gig file

so in order to avoid crashed servers and very frustrated purchasers who can't get the games they bought, what provisions have TT made to cope with what is likely to be a massive load on their servers?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    That is actually a pretty valid point... TTG better prepare for downloads like they have never seen yet.
  • edited June 2009
    They've never really had a problem before, at least I can't remember any, and I've been downloading Telltale games since the first Sam and Max episode....

If the demo and the full game are the same file (which was the case for S&M and SBCG4AP) then my ISP has a games archive which stores copies of the demo files so that means a faster, unmetered download for me...

(W&G demo and full files are different, so I downloaded those direct from Telltale)
  • edited June 2009
    I don't expect there will be much trouble, but regardless of what I have to do to make it happen, I will be on the site and downloading it as soon as the link appears. ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Monkey Island is a bigger hit than the Sam and Max, Strongbad and Wallace and gromit series. I've admired Telltale from afar, as have many gamers, due to faithfully resurrecting Sam and Max. I never bought a game though.

Monkey Island was the first, and honestly I can't see it being done by anyone else, and even though I thought CMI had the best graphics, I like the look of this game and I'm prepared to cope with 3D if it means more monkey island.

I imagine a lot of other people have had the same thoughts, and I imagine TMI will be a huge success (please let it be one) and download servers may break.
  • edited June 2009
    i hope it breaks just because I dont mind waiting a day or so extra for the new game, but I really want more monkey island games to be made after this and I dont want to wait another 10 years!! so if this isnt a success we may never see anymore MI games:( lets hope it doesnt come to that!
  • edited June 2009
    I hope its so successful that they finally make that animated movie
Sign in to comment in this discussion.