What's Your Favourite MI Island?

Hey guys. I was wondering what the community's favourite MI islands are? I think I have a fair idea, but i'm a stats-freak :p

I didn't include Monkey Island in CMI because it was just a theme-park really, as opposed to an island.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    omg misclick.
  • edited June 2009
    Blood Island... its just cool looking... and its one of the cool night time islands

monkey04.gif
  • edited June 2009
    It's a tossup between Scabb and Blood island for me.

I guess I'll vote Blood, since it evoked the strongest reaction for me when I played CMI for the first time.
  • edited June 2009
    Blood by far. It's just epic in every way.
  • edited June 2009
    I haven't been everywhere yet in MI3 or MI4, but so far Monkey Island from SMI takes the cake for me.
  • edited June 2009
    I like Melee Island from Monkey Island 1 the most. It's got the greatest track record for most interesting island, as it managed to grab my attention for a full half of an entire full length game. Plus it just looks great. Blood and Skull Islands come second, but I honestly didn't like the Goodsoup Hotel. Except for the upper bedroom; that was hilarious.
  • edited June 2009
    voted Scabb because that's the one I've spent most of my time. they're all awesome though.
  • edited June 2009
    It would have been nice to have maybe 2 or 3 votes per user, but I don't think the polls can do that on this forum.

I've always loved Blood Island and I can see what people see in it; it was the first Island I ever played (gimme a break i'm only 20 now :)) but I find it was really hard to choose between Blood Island, Lucre Island, and Booty Island.

Why Lucre?! You cry in dismay? Well, I.Honestly.Don't.Know :|
    It just all came together for me. MI4 had many flaws, but I think if you take them into account, the island itself came good. It was almost as if Lucre Island was the twinkle in the designers' eye and then the game slowly petered out after this.

Blood Island; obvious. But Booty Island? Well, I liked the whole atmosphere. The shop selling junk, the grandiose nature of the mardis-gras party and mansion, we didn't get an awfully developed sense of Elaine's importance before or since, and the costume-shop thing... I could blather on, but basically I just loved the depth and size of the island. Others felt too sparse for me, others too small, etc. Blood Island and Booty Island are the only two I think really got it bang on.
  • edited June 2009
    I usually don't grow fond of the beginning islands from MI1 and MI2 because the constant night-time always bugs me and gets monotonous. Makes me just want to see the rest of the game. Couldn't wait to get off Scabb Island in MI2 and avoided going back whenever I could.
  • edited June 2009
    Definately blood island for me . Just a really fun island. One of the best parts of the entire franchise easily for me.
  • edited June 2009
    the original melee island, blood island, and booty island.
  • edited June 2009
    this makes me excited to see new islands!!
  • edited June 2009
    hard to say, but definitely the island that has most "basic" adventurous atmosphere, along with great ambient of adventure movies and mystic style is no other then Monkey Island from the first game, with a great sceneries to look at

hermanhouse.gif
    full25.gif
  • edited June 2009
    For me it was a toss up between Blood Island, Scabb Island and Lucre Island.

I chose Lucre Island, because of the whole Swamp of Time mystery plus Pegnose was a funny character. It was really cool capturing him in and using a duck doing it.

The atmosphere was fantastic on Lucre Island and really in sync with the series.
  • edited June 2009
    I voted Plunder Island. Especially Puerto Pollo is just amazing to walk around in, with all its quaint inhabitants.
  • edited June 2009
    you forgot Dinky Island ; P
  • edited June 2009
    Blood Island was amazing with her dark atmosphere! I think designers of CMI maked a great work with Blood Island.. So dark !!! Goodsoup Hotel: it' a kind of magic!!! I loved CMI also for that legendary Island: Blood Island !!!
  • edited June 2009
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    you forgot Dinky Island ; P

Mm, I put 12 options down in the poll, then realised once I got to the third-from-last that there wouldn't be space if I included Dinky.

It's only tiny anyway, it was what was below it and Monkey Island that was really cool :)
  • edited June 2009
    I love Scabb Island. Funny epitaphs, the campfire atmosphere at the coast, a Rastafarian takes the wheel, a town filled with shipwrecks or houseboats. If you got a problem with your mojo, you can go and check the "International House of Mojo". Ohh and I love the nights in MI. These scenes are so awesome on any island, where's a night scenery included.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, Scabb was nice. But it just wore on me. The darkness really set an atmosphere at the campfire, the voodoo lady's, the dock/hamlet. But there was a lot to do there, through the entire period its very dark blue/black. I don't know how they'd have addressed the issue there because making it daytime on Scabb would have ruined the mood. Oh well, I wonder how it feels when (if) the horse-man with Medusa-hair wanders it (SoMI:SE Guybrush).

*edit: Of course with better graphics, Blood Island was extremely playable (in fact most popular in the community by the looks of it). I think it might just be because the graphics were so simplistic that I got a little tired of the dark atmosphere. It'll probably be much better if/when there's a remake of it.
  • edited June 2009
    Melee of MI 1. I think it´s better than in EMI! In EMI it´s like smaller... Well not the only one. Lucre is good to. And I love Monkey Island of MI 1. Geografically good. If you´re in a part of MI you can see other parts. Looking forward to the SE!
    Well Blood Island is good to. Especially it´s night on Blood Island.
  • edited June 2009
    Blood Island, closely followed by Plunder. The music on Blood Island is so beautiful, for one thing.
  • edited June 2009
    KB57 wrote: »
    Blood Island, closely followed by Plunder. The music on Blood Island is so beautiful, for one thing.

I always thought the music set the mood perfectly. But then I listened to the music without the game playing a few days ago, and I was really surprised how weird it sounded.

It must be actually surprisingly hard to do a good theme music to a specific place, trying to make it a background thing, when you might listen back in the studio without the game infront of it and go "feck, that sounded weird".
  • edited June 2009
    I guess I prefer Scabb Island, but Monkey Island (MI1-version) and Blood Island are fantastic as well.
  • edited June 2009
    I like Melee Island. It's where everything began...
  • edited June 2009
    Blood Island is one of my favorite video game locations ever. The first trip to Monkey Island is a close second, though!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.